Repeal is dead

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don't know about the others, but WV accepted the additional Medicaid monies from the Fed. Now they're hooked. Capito's just voting for what her constituents want.

Earl Ray Tomblin chose to accept the expansion, not the people of WV. Many that didn't qualify for the expansion now cannot afford insurance and that is why WV went for Trump.

Toxick

Splat
Gotcha. So is the "skinny repeal" dead too?..not that I saw the point in it.

I think they're still talking about this one today - and it apparently has traction.

And you're right there's no point. Right now, they're trying to pass something, for the sake of passing something. They're not trying to help anyone (except themselves), or trying to make a better bill, or do anything but trying to ramrod some useless load of manure down our throats, in an effort to salvage their political careers after showing themselves the be the lying bags of piss they really are.

I'm so disgusted with Republicans right now that I want to barf up, like five gallons of sick pukey vomit.

I hope to God in Heaven that every one of those nutless sons of bitches are held to account by their respective constituents as soon as their worthless asses are on the chopping block.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Earl Ray Tomblin chose to accept the expansion, not the people of WV. Many that didn't qualify for the expansion now cannot afford insurance and that is why WV went for Trump.

Once again, nobody in govt cares about THOSE people.

Chris0nllyn

It's really obvious when you look at the actions of Mccain an other GOParkers who spend all of their efforts to assist the Dems in dethroning Trump so they can get Pence in the throne knowing that Pence must play their game if he wants to keep the title. Trump told us, his constituents, from the start that he doesn't owe anybody anything and because he never was a politician he was the ONLY ONE in the race that didn't have to play the political games. 7 months later and I still think he is our only hope. I like Pence but if for some reason Pence has to step in we are all doomed to the same political bullship powers and game players the have already proven time and time again they are all about keeping the power upper hand on the political front and not working on what is best for the country as a whole.

This is from McCain's Senate floor speech the other day.
“We’re getting nothing done. All we’ve really done this year is confirm Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court. Our healthcare insurance system is a mess. We all know it, those who support Obamacare and those who oppose it. Something has to be done. We Republicans have looked for a way to end it and replace it with something else without paying a terrible political price. We haven’t found it yet, and I’m not sure we will. All we’ve managed to do is make more popular a policy that wasn’t very popular when we started trying to get rid of it.

“I voted for the motion to proceed to allow debate to continue and amendments to be offered. I will not vote for the bill as it is today. It’s a shell of a bill right now. We all know that. I have changes urged by my state’s governor that will have to be included to earn my support for final passage of any bill. I know many of you will have to see the bill changed substantially for you to support it.

“We’ve tried to do this by coming up with a proposal behind closed doors in consultation with the administration, then springing it on skeptical members, trying to convince them it’s better than nothing, asking us to swallow our doubts and force it past a unified opposition. I don’t think that is going to work in the end. And it probably shouldn’t.

Restitution

Maybe McCain wants to keep Obamacare in place. I doubt he would want to shop around for a new policy now that everyone knows about his "pre-existing condition."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope to God in Heaven that every one of those nutless sons of bitches are held to account by their respective constituents as soon as their worthless asses are on the chopping block.

Don't hold your breath.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Only people like McCain can believe that taking a bath in dirty, recycled bath water will result in getting clean.

Don't be silly. He doesn't believe anything of the sort. He just knows that his constituents (most of them, anyway) will believe it and keep him in power.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He is 81, not up for reelection again until 2022 and has brain cancer. This is likely his last term.

Note that he's not stepping down, as he should. In fact, he is pulling a Teddy Kennedy and hanging on for dear life to his power. We will pry it from his cold dead hands.