Replacement Gutters

jmf777

Hello everyone, checking to see if the quote for my gutter system to be installed is high. The quote is for ~$4500 for 132' of gutter including downspouts and labor with leafguard/debry protection. The house is a rambler so no weird pitches. The gutters are by Thompson Creek: Rain Gutters any feedback is much appreciated.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I just had a new roof put on along with new gutters and downspouts that included a leaf blocking system called Leaf Relief gutter covers.

The gutters are 5" seamless white aluminum with 2" x 3" downspouts. My house is a colonial with an attached garage off to the side and a full front porch. If I had to approximate how many feet that is, I'd say roughly 160 feet.

Mine was done for roughly $2,250. I also had a quote from another company that I didn't go with for less than what your price is. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you names.

C

czygvtwkr

Had my covered gutters done, about the same criteria as yours, for $3800, and that was kind of high compared to the other quotes I got. The company that did mine is no longer in business though.

jmf777

The gutters are 6" seamless white and the downspouts 3" x 4" (I'll double check the downspout size). Should had put this out there in my original post.

jmf777

Had my covered gutters done, about the same criteria as yours, for $3800, and that was kind of high compared to the other quotes I got. The company that did mine is no longer in business though.

So do you think it was worth the price of admission?

black dog

Free America
Geepers that's like 34.00 a ft.. Bob Green did my home a few years ago with standard gutters and it was about 4.00 a ft installed.

nutz

The gutters are 6" seamless white and the downspouts 3" x 4" (I'll double check the downspout size). Should had put this out there in my original post.

Why are you opting for 6" gutter? 5" is standard for residential and gutter style (K or half round) would account for some of the difference in price.

SquirrelBait

Look at her SMILE
doubt 6" is needed

that price is WAY to high. I had 140 feet plus done with gutter covers for 1200 or so. Seemless and any color I wanted

He does have high price covers that can drives bills up. Covers, low priced one cost as much or more then gutters. Also down spouts add up FAST

If your getting hit by the drive by crew selling them you are getting screwed.
PM me if you want my guys number, he is a two many crew and makes them to fit on site

C

czygvtwkr

So do you think it was worth the price of admission?

Every penny, I have a couple large oak and pine trees that shade my house. When I first moved in every time it rained I was outside on a ladder pulling stuff out of my old ones because they were clogged up and over flowing. It was so bad that someone had gone and drilled ¼” holes in the gutters ever few feet so the water just fell out of them. I have had these since 2007 and have not had to clean them out once. The point where the flow reverses to go in the gutter does accumulate a lot of dirt though and I wash them off twice a year though to keep a nice white look. The only down side in really hard rain it can fall so fast that it over shoots the gutters, but it has to be raining really hard and it doesn’t really hurt anything.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Hello everyone, checking to see if the quote for my gutter system to be installed is high. The quote is for ~$4500 for 132' of gutter including downspouts and labor with leafguard/debry protection. The house is a rambler so no weird pitches. The gutters are by Thompson Creek: Rain Gutters any feedback is much appreciated.

I have had 4 estimates in the past week and that is a whole lot higher than any of the estimates that I have been given! Keep looking!

C

czygvtwkr

Expect to pay 50-100% more for covered gutters over regular ones btw.

jmf777

We decided to cancel and keep looking, but will keep them in the back of my mind thanks again everyone.