replacement social security card

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have no idea what happened to my SS card. I got a new one when I got married and changed my name, but that was 29 years ago...

musiclady

Another tip: if you lose/wash your card on a regular basis like I do, apply for a replacement, wait a month or so, reapply and keep one in a safe place for the next time. 😀
My daughter has lost hers several times. We were told/ have a letter in writing somewhere/ that you can only get 10 replacement cards in your lifetime. She is currently on card #6. The last time we did what you said and have one locked away. I don't know what you are supposed to do if you lose it past 10.

musiclady

Funny and annoying story of the SS replacement saga. When we moved, we lost the box with the social security cards. In order to get a driver's license in the new state, you had to show your SS card. So we went to SS agency and you can't get a SS replacement card without a driver's license/state ID. They sent us back to DMV who sent us back to SS agency. Turns out, we could get a paper copy of the SS card, take that to the DMV to get a driver's license, they go BACK to SS agency to actually order the replacement card using the new driver's license.

WingsOfGold

Well I covered mine with Scotch tape on both sides, I guess that is some form of lamination, I do know if I hadn't covered it ,it would be long gone from just wear and tear.
They will issue 10 ss cards in a lifetime. I think I have 5 or 6 lives left. :)
:)

WingsOfGold

True story, my chiropractor told me the worst thing for back pain is a wallet in the back pocket. It forces an unnatural curve in the spine. I wear cargo pants/shorts now, keep back pockets empty, and have had near zero back pain for years. Tip of the day...
Phone in back pocket, pocket pistol r front, compact card wallet LF. Jeans Tee shirt in winter jean shorts tee shirt in summer. Works for me and NOT the cause of chronic back pain. ;)

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Still have the original cards, but got a new plastic version a few years ago.
I lied. I was thinking of the new Medicare card, which is plastic. I had to get a new paper SS card because my old SS card wasn't acceptable for RealID.