'Rescues' ready for forever home

Robin

Sorry not everyone can be a snobby elitist.

Some of us are nice, and do the 'right thing' contrary to whether it is or not, in whole or in part.

Just because part of the situation sucks doesnt mean the horses should suffer.

#1 I was complimenting you for your efforts on the horses behalf
#2 I agree that the horses should not suffer..no animal should suffer.
#3 I was trying to reason with your efforts to recoop the money you put into said horses to break even and the one that caused this damage{Original owner} should get the remainder of the money left if not a big fat goose egg. 0zero

Try not to call folks names for asking questions and backing you in your good deeds. Learn to take a compliment. This world would be a better place.

Again Good Luck!

ElliesMom

e•lit•ism or é•lit•ism ( -l t z m, -l -)
n.
1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class

Robin sure sounded like an elitist when my idea of my pseudo rescues, hence the ‘rescues’ comment didn’t match her obviously textbook definition. Critically thinking… I am fully aware they are not a true rescue by the definition, but I am helping put a horse in a better place. Whether or not I like the strings attached. That is a type of rescuing.

snob (sn b)
n.
1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.
2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

I personally feel that I have been slighted and put down because these deserving horses are not a “true rescue” because they were not seized by the authorities. But instead had an owner that gave them a chance BEFORE it got to that.

As to the asking price…I have no say in that. It is between the owner and her sister. I however do have a say in how I can help…and to not recoup any costs I have inferred is not MY top priority, it is to help find homes for these two. So don’t kill the messenger.

Robin

e•lit•ism or é•lit•ism ( -l t z m, -l -)
n.
1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class

Robin sure sounded like an elitist when my idea of my pseudo rescues, hence the ‘rescues’ comment didn’t match her obviously textbook definition. Critically thinking… I am fully aware they are not a true rescue by the definition, but I am helping put a horse in a better place. Whether or not I like the strings attached. That is a type of rescuing.

snob (sn b)
n.
1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.
2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect.

I personally feel that I have been slighted and put down because these deserving horses are not a “true rescue” because they were not seized by the authorities. But instead had an owner that gave them a chance BEFORE it got to that.

As to the asking price…I have no say in that. It is between the owner and her sister. I however do have a say in how I can help…and to not recoup any costs I have inferred is not MY top priority, it is to help find homes for these two. So don’t kill the messenger.

Far from it

Good Luck to the Horses.

Chickadee1

These horses were given up by the owner for no cost to be rehomed in an area where the market is not dead.

These horses were painfully thin and had the bare minimum medical requirements to cross the border.

A has put more money into them than she will EVER get back. What money is reaped from the selling is going back to the original owner and not A and I.

These horses, that are perfectly fine, have escaped poor living conditions and are now being regularly fed, had the rain rot adressed, had thier teeth done and gained weight (in 3 weeks) from the regular feeding.

If helping an animal out like that is not a 'rescue' I dont know what is.

Because they dont fit the legal description of a rescue doesnt mean they werent in as much need as any of the horses that have been seized. We just helped keep them from that extent of abuse.

do the owner of the horses your are rehoming have more horses?.......If the living conditions are poor do they have more horses in bad condition?

ElliesMom

No the rest of them went to acution, unfortunately...these three horses my friend had either ridden previously and knew they would resell here, or knew the temperment (in the case of the filly) of the parents and that that particular filly was worth the effort to resell here.

CountryLady

luvmyponies
These horses were given up by the owner for no cost to be rehomed in an area where the market is not dead.

These horses were painfully thin and had the bare minimum medical requirements to cross the border.

A has put more money into them than she will EVER get back. What money is reaped from the selling is going back to the original owner and not A and I.

These horses, that are perfectly fine, have escaped poor living conditions and are now being regularly fed, had the rain rot adressed, had thier teeth done and gained weight (in 3 weeks) from the regular feeding.

If helping an animal out like that is not a 'rescue' I dont know what is.
Because they dont fit the legal description of a rescue doesnt mean they werent in as much need as any of the horses that have been seized. We just helped keep them from that extent of abuse.

I agree that horses living in poor conditions for whatever the reason could/should be considered rescue/rehab.

I would reconsider giving all the money back until some of what you have spent has been recouped. I could only imagine, if it is family, that some unforeseen circumstance caused a downward spiral of care for these animals. It could happen to anyone in this failing economy. The market is not good in a lot of places. But maybe there are other circumstances involved where the money is best spent giving it back. None of us know what the situation is But I trust Elliesmom knows better. It is what it is. The important thing is to help find the horses a new home. There are a lot of folks looking for draft and Draftx for riding. And for being a very beautiful 2 yr old, I am sure she is probably worth the $2500 being asked.

A lot of people jump to very harsh conclusions on here only knowing bits and pieces of information. We all get aggravated when we find out that horses weren't taken care of like they should be. What is worse, IMO, is when you see neglectful cases and they won't seek advice/care and won't give the animals up. Then they have to be taken.

Regardless of why these animals ended up in this condition, I am sure it wasn't intentional. ONE unforeseen circumstance can change things very drastically very fast. Please don't attack Elliesmom for what she feels is right in this situation. If they can afford to care for these animals and give the money back. It is really none of our business.
:coffee:

Last edited: