Resident Alien

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
OK. Did I miss something?

The little boy that can see the alien somehow went from a clever little kid sneaking around trying to unmask the alien to a braindead twit who needs a female mooselimb to do his thinking for him.

Does it continue down this path? Should I just turn it off now?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

The little boy that can see the alien somehow went from a clever little kid sneaking around trying to unmask the alien to a braindead twit who needs a female mooselimb to do his thinking for him.

Waiting for the answer. I haven't started it yet...

glhs837

Power with Control

He's still smart. She just happens to be smarter. Very few people don't encounter someone smarter than they are in their lives.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
He's still smart. She just happens to be smarter. Very few people don't encounter someone smarter than they are in their lives.
Its obvious they're making the kid out to be stupid.

I'll assume that means it will continue to decline.

Now I gotta scratch another off my list.

Think I'll just go find streaming of My Favorite Martian and Rat Patrol episodes.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Think I'll just go find streaming of My Favorite Martian and Rat Patrol episodes.
Funny you say that. News stories recently indicated that a lot of people are streaming older shows because they aren't interested in all the wokeness in anything new.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Plus it seems appropriate for the age they're playing. Pre-teen girls seems to have their sh!t together, while pre-teen boys... well... are pre-teen boys. Plus, she just left town (the show?) to attend a gifted school.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Plus it seems appropriate for the age they're playing. Pre-teen girls seems to have their sh!t together, while pre-teen boys... well... are pre-teen boys. Plus, she just left town (the show?) to attend a gifted school.
That might have worked had it not been for the boys rapid befuddlement.

SamSpade

I LOVE Resident Alien. It does get some getting used to the fact that there are probably only two or three characters that aren't TOTAL loons.

I was surprised to find that my brother in law - who tends to have more eclectic viewing choices - say it's pretty much the only regular show he watches now.

SamSpade

Oddly, the funniest part of the show might be the opening sequence (which, like The Simpsons, is different every episode).

glhs837

Power with Control
I LOVE Resident Alien. It does get some getting used to the fact that there are probably only two or three characters that aren't TOTAL loons.

I was surprised to find that my brother in law - who tends to have more eclectic viewing choices - say it's pretty much the only regular show he watches now.

Does seem to cross a lot of demographic lines. Part of it might be the refreshing mocking of just about everything.

SamSpade

They remind me of the stupid placards in government buildings.
I used to work with a guy who pointed that out - specifically -

A sign saying "Fire Extinguisher" pointing to the spot on the wall where they put the Fire Extinguisher.
And in case you DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ONE LOOKED LIKE - they had a drawing of a fire extinguisher, labelled "fire extinguisher".

Pointing to the slot on the wall where it was SUPPOSED TO BE - but alas! - it wasn't.