Rest in Peace

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Today I had to say goodbye to my beagle boy Dino. Apparently he had stomach cancer and took a turn for the worst yesterday. He is now resting and happy in doggie heaven. I'll miss you and never forget you Dino. RIP May 24, 2002 - July 3, 2011

I am a total mess. This came on all to fast for me. He was my best friend. His sister Abbi (GSD) is sad and looking for him. Any advise of what I can do for her? They have been together since puppies.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Today I had to say goodbye to my beagle boy Dino. Apparently he had stomach cancer and took a turn for the worst yesterday. He is now resting and happy in doggie heaven. I'll miss you and never forget you Dino. RIP May 24, 2002 - July 3, 2011

I am a total mess. This came on all to fast for me. He was my best friend. His sister Abbi (GSD) is sad and looking for him. Any advise of what I can do for her? They have been together since puppies.

So sorry for your loss.
Spoil the hell out of your other puppy, with love and affection.
It takes time to heal.
Wishing you the best.

PrepH4U

So sorry, it is very hard to say goodbye:huggy:
As Dowhat suggested start spoiling Abbi. Give her that undivided attention and special treats. Cuddle with her and then cuddle some more.

Hoover

She has to grieve the loss also. Just make it as easy on her as possible. I am sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is too loose a pet/loved one. But know we are here for you.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
So sorry for your loss. It is very tough to lose someone that you love. Cuddle with your other doggie as much as you can -- you both will feel better for it.

Loper

Animal Poor!

Stad, I am very sorry for your loss! :huggy: There are few words of comfort for you in this time for your lost friend but know that many of us feel your pain and have walked in your shoes. RIP DINO you will always have him in your heart!

You know Abbi and what she would need for comfort. While she may be looking around for Dino, she is probably more sad for you, and feeding off the feelings you have for losing Dino. As hard as it may be, just try to be a little more upbeat for her and lots of affection, look to her, she'll let you know what she needs.

Roman

Dino

I am so sorry for your loss! My dog passed from Cancer in October, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind what you are going through. It's never an easy task, saying goodbye to a cherished Companion. You are lucky to have Abbi, and she is lucky to have you. As said in other Posts..lavish the heck out of her, and yourself, and remember..that Dino is not suffering. He's waiting at the other side of the Gate.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Thanks for all your thoughts. It was a really rough weekend for me. Abbi is depressed and has looked for her brother. I keep her close, occupied and give her lots of affection. Picking up Dino's bed and food bowl was not easy. I'll get his ashes back on Friday and will place him out under a special tree with a small plaque. The people at Dogs & Cats in Bowie were very compassionate and took great care of him in ICU until his last moment.

luvmygdaughters

I am so sorry for your loss. Its never easy losing such a wonderful friend. Especially when its sudden. Spoil your other pup as much as you can and cherish the time together.

Toxick

Splat

My condolences.
Just be there for abbi. She'll figure it out eventually :(

Independence

I am sorry for your loss. I hope the sadness will be replaced by good memories and you and Abbi will once again be able to smile. Hugs until then. RIP Dino!