Restaurant Recommendations near Pt Lookout

pilot

My family lives in Chicago, and whenever they visit me here, they always want to go to Courtney's. They say it is the best fish they've ever had (and they live right on Lake Michigan!). The owner catches it himself, so it doesn't get much fresher than that!

Recently there was an article in "The Washingtonian" in which they interviewed famous chefs. They asked them where they would want to eat their last meal. One of them said Courtneys.

Of course, that's assuming you like fish. If your friends want crabcakes, there may be better places.

Courtney's is definitely local. It is not fine dining, it is very rustic. But you will definitely not find anything like it anywhere else, which is why I always take visitors there.

G

Gemmi

Haven't tried Mom and Pop's pizza yet,, they aren't the same ones that were located next to Monks are they??

No, different people.
They are really nice and the pizza is GOOD!!
Homemade crust too.

G

Gemmi

My family lives in Chicago, and whenever they visit me here, they always want to go to Courtney's. They say it is the best fish they've ever had (and they live right on Lake Michigan!). The owner catches it himself, so it doesn't get much fresher than that!

Recently there was an article in "The Washingtonian" in which they interviewed famous chefs. They asked them where they would want to eat their last meal. One of them said Courtneys.

Of course, that's assuming you like fish. If your friends want crabcakes, there may be better places.

Courtney's is definitely local. It is not fine dining, it is very rustic. But you will definitely not find anything like it anywhere else, which is why I always take visitors there.

I have eaten there several times and have to agree that the food is always awesome.

Callie girl

:drool: mmm

Bon Buffett (sp?).

chinese buffetts(are there two T's? seems like there should only be one lol) ftw :smile:

i thought captains table over on the calvert side was supposed to be good? i've never been though :frown:

:barf:
It's one T
I have heard good things about the Captain's Table to but have never been