Retriever's Grill - Wow!

TPD

the poor dad
I had dinner at Retriever's Grill in St. inigoes tonight for the 1st time - I was pleasantly surprised! The food was very good as were the drinks. Great variety on the menu. It was agreed that this place will go on our regular rotation, and the great thing about it is I can ride my bicycle here or walk!

(for those wondering where this is, it is the old Monk's Inn. I hate to say it, but this was my first time stepping place in this building....and I was born and raised here!)

TPD

the poor dad
What kind of food? Bar food or full kitchen?

Full kitchen - burgers, ribs, chicken, pasta, seafood, salads, wings, etc. I had Bourban shrimp skewers with rice which had a very good flavor. Wings for an appetizer-they rivaled St. James, which have been my favorite....

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Full kitchen - burgers, ribs, chicken, pasta, seafood, salads, wings, etc. I had Bourban shrimp skewers with rice which had a very good flavor. Wings for an appetizer-they rivaled St. James, which have been my favorite....

Bob and BG may take issue with this.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

May have to try it out soon. Thanks for the heads up. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do they serve real retrievers?

Unfortunate name, but I've always had a soft spot for any restaurant that's been in Monk's. Hope they do well!

Jannifer

I tried this place. The food was fine. The acoustics are HORRIBLE and it is extremely noisy. It was like eating in a school cafeteria.

ALSO on the bill the price from the menu was scratched out and a higher price put on the receipt????

It is clean looking and spacious. It needs some noise reducing wall panels or something like that.

1stGenSMIB

Any more comments on this place? How are they holding up?

Pops is in town on his way south for the winter, and my sister and I were looking for something different than "Rt. 235 Restaurant Row".

sockgirl77

Pops is in town on his way south for the winter, and my sister and I were looking for something different than "Rt. 235 Restaurant Row".

I've heard nothing but great reviews from several locals. :yay:

luvmygdaughters

I've not been to Retriever's but if you're looking for something off of the "chain gang" Chiefs Restaurant in Tall Timbers is very good.:howdy:

1stGenSMIB

Thanks,
I know Dave & have been to been to Chief's as well...(incidentally most recently after I was on my bicycle!..that is a relatively safe road with BIG shoulders!) :howdy::killingme