Reviews on Southern Maryland Hospital

Desyree

I am currently pregnant with my first child and was wondering if anyone has any opinions about the Labor/ Delivery and Maternity ward at Southern Maryland Hospital?

K

Kizzy

I am an expert here. I had female surgery twice and both my children at that hospital, one was premature at 31 weeks. I can never say enough kind words about that hospital, they are terrific, even the ER is fantastic compared to the over 4 hours of hell I experienced this past weekend at St. Mary's Hospital. I am in the opinion that I would not take my dog to St. Mary's Hospital. I'll drive to Southern Maryland or Civisita Medical Center in La Plata before doing that again.

They are a great hospital and if by chance anything would go wrong, they will medivac you out quickly.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Desyree said:
I am currently pregnant with my first child and was wondering if anyone has any opinions about the Labor/ Delivery and Maternity ward at Southern Maryland Hospital?
How long have you been knocked up?

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I delivered in Southern Maryland 8 months ago and absolutely loved the hospital. The nurses was super friendly and the food wasn't too terrible either. They really do take good care of both you and the baby during your stay there!! If, by chance, you have the same doctors I used, they will do their best to get you a private room, even if you did not have a c-section!!!

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
My aunt raves about the quality of the L&D there. She's not so positive with the post-partum care, though. :shrug: She said the maternity ward nurses were a little cold and unsympathetic. That was almost 11 years ago, though.

mejen

I have known MANY women who have given birth at St. Mary's. They all have had pleasant things to say about the L&D department. All I have spoken to in regard to childbirth at the hospital say great things, so relax.
However, I wouldn't go there for anything else. Unfortunatly, the majority of the people I know that have been there for other reasons have had very different experiences. My family prefers to drive the 20 minutes to Calvert rather than risk our lives like several friends. Hope every thing goes well!!

DDoyle

I had my son at southern maryland hospital almost 8 months ago. Most of the nurses i had were very good. I had a c-section, and they were always really good about getting my pain killers for me right away, and took care of everything else i needed more quickly than i had expected. However, my son was in the nicu for a few days and i did have problems with the nicu nurses. I had one who was extremely nosey (asked LOTS of things that were none of her business) and there was one incident where i got my hurtin ass out of bed (day after c-section) and drug myself and iv down to the nursery, only to have that same nurse tell me i couldn't hold my son because he was asleep. I was repeatedly told i was "feeding him wrong", "holding him wrong".... :blahblah: why every thing i did was wrong i don't know, i have another son that's almost 3 and is ok :angry: oh well

anyway, hope i helped.... :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
SMHC is wonderful! I delivered my daughter there, and also ended up in the ER a few years ago and they took excellent care of me. Nothing bad to say about the hospital or their staff. :yay: