Revolving Door of Justice...

Malo

Fine, the weapon is evidence. I cited the law now you show me a single person in the state of Maryland that has been locked up for a single charge (and no other charges) of either driving on a suspended license or driving without insurance (and not falsifying proof of insurance).

Check Maryland Judiciary Casesearch. You should find plenty there. If not I suppose I will acually have to prove it to you which requires time and energy I am notinclined to spend just to prove myself to a cretin.

Malo

Check Maryland Judiciary Casesearch. You should find plenty there. If not I suppose I will acually have to prove it to you which requires time and energy I am notinclined to spend just to prove myself to a cretin.

First rule: you need to read the actual statute. Second rule: read the ENTIRE statute. Third, and most important: know what you are talking about. I've seen plenty of people go to jail for driving on suspended. Let me know once you pass the bar or get a GED.

Section 27-101 provides the penalty for driving on a suspended license in Maryland:

§ 27-101. Penalties for misdemeanor

(a) Violation of vehicle laws a misdemeanor. -- It is a misdemeanor for any person to violate any of the provisions of the Maryland Vehicle Law unless the violation:

(1) Is declared to be a felony by the Maryland Vehicle Law or by any other law of this State; or

(2) Is punishable by a civil penalty under the applicable provision of the Maryland Vehicle Law.

(c) Penalties -- $500 and 2 months. -- Any person who is convicted of a violation of any of the provisions of the following sections of this article is subject to a fine of not more than $ 500 or imprisonment for not more than 2 months or both:

(13) § 16-303(h) ("Licenses suspended under certain provisions of Code");

(14) § 16-303(i) ("Licenses suspended under certain provisions of the traffic laws or regulations of another state");

(h) Penalties -- $1,000 and 1 year; $1,000 and 2 years. -- Any person who is convicted of a violation of any of the provisions of § 16-113(k) of this article ("Ignition Interlock System Program participant driving vehicle without ignition interlock"), § 16-303(a), (b), (c), (d), (e), (f), or (g) of this article ("Driving while license is canceled, suspended, refused, or revoked"), § 17-107 of this article ("Prohibitions"), or § 17-110 of this article ("Providing false evidence of required security") is subject to:

(1) For a first offense, a fine of not more than $ 1,000, or imprisonment for not more than 1 year, or both; and

(2) For any subsequent offense, a fine of not more than $ 1,000, or imprisonment for not more than 2 years, or both.

C

czygvtwkr

If the jails are full of people that simply committed minor traffic violations it shouldn't be that hard.

frequentflier

happy to be living
No, you're not. Nobody is willing to pay more taxes, You might say you are for the sake of this argument, but if taxes went up you'd be pissed.

Don't tell me what I would be. I would be willing to pay more in taxes if it went directly towards getting some of the scum off the streets. And kept them off the streets. But I fear the problem is beyond overcrowding. I think these judges are too lenient.

officeguy

It shouldn't be very hard for you to produce a name then should it?

That information would be public record, right ?

I am not saying that it is impossible, but I would be very suprised if someone can dig up a case where driving without insurance is the only charge throughout the proceedings. There may be a case or two that gets pleaded down to driving without insurance after the eluding and reckless driving charges etc. get dropped, but as the only charge, I just dont think I have ever seen it.

Danzig

now you show me a single person in the state of Maryland that has been locked up for a single charge (and no other charges) of either driving on a suspended license or driving without insurance (and not falsifying proof of insurance).

It does happen rarely if the person has multiple Failure to Appears. But most times a judge will let them out, or reduce the bail.

Malo

It shouldn't be very hard for you to produce a name then should it?

You don't know me, pal. You do not know the slightest thing about me. I guess you just made that remark out of frustration because you lost the duel. I forgive you.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You don't know me, pal. You do not know the slightest thing about me. I guess you just made that remark out of frustration because you lost the duel. I forgive you.

Of course no one knows you… you’re ranting on about how much you claim you know, while refusing to produce some sort of resume to back it up.

GAS!

C

czygvtwkr

Um you are the one that claims these people exist so that would put the onus of proof on you.

Me: Bigfoot exists, I know more than you
You: No he doesn't
Me: Yes he does prove that he doesn't exist

See I can do that too.

If these people do exist they must have had one ####ty lawyer, I really think getting the lawyers name out there would be a great public service.

C

czygvtwkr

That information would be public record, right ?

I am not saying that it is impossible, but I would be very suprised if someone can dig up a case where driving without insurance is the only charge throughout the proceedings. There may be a case or two that gets pleaded down to driving without insurance after the eluding and reckless driving charges etc. get dropped, but as the only charge, I just dont think I have ever seen it.

My point exactly.

officeguy

If these people do exist they must have had one ####ty lawyer, I really think getting the lawyers name out there would be a great public service.

Malo is their lawyer. The kind that got his law degree from an online school and works with his case-files on the handicapped table at Starbucks.

Malo

Malo is their lawyer. The kind that got his law degree from an online school and works with his case-files on the handicapped table at Starbucks.

Wrong again, loser. Why do I need to tell you who I am or what my credentials are? I don't see anyone else on this forum doing that. I will tell you that I am white, born and raised here and have a law degree from one of the top law schools in the country. I have practiced a variety of types of law in various places, mostly in large law firms in Washington, D.C. Satisfied? Probably not, but if I tell you anymore you will probably get in your big pick up truck with all your automatic weapons and come looking for me. Not that I fear you, but I need to protect the innocent. You are boring me now.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Wrong again, loser. Why do I need to tell you who I am or what my credentials are? I don't see anyone else on this forum doing that.

Well, most of us (except maybe ToJo) aren't claiming to be inside experts on any particular subject. We're having discussions and trying to hash through the facts.

Perhaps you shouldn't tell us who you are; makes it easier to call :bs: on you.

Chris0nllyn

Wrong again, loser. Why do I need to tell you who I am or what my credentials are? I don't see anyone else on this forum doing that. I will tell you that I am white, born and raised here and have a law degree from one of the top law schools in the country. I have practiced a variety of types of law in various places, mostly in large law firms in Washington, D.C. Satisfied? Probably not, but if I tell you anymore you will probably get in your big pick up truck with all your automatic weapons and come looking for me. Not that I fear you, but I need to protect the innocent. You are boring me now.

Well, now we have to know your name.

So we don't try and come to you for legal counsel on gun charges.

Malo

Well, most of us (except maybe ToJo) aren't claiming to be inside experts on any particular subject. We're having discussions and trying to hash through the facts.

Perhaps you shouldn't tell us who you are; makes it easier to call :bs: on you.

All I am trying to put forth is that one should not make statements when one does not know the facts. I do not comment on subjects with which I am unfamiliar. I could be the Hon. Judge Abrams, Stamm, Densford, or Chesser. I could be one Fritz's cronies, I could be a cop, a correctional officer, a probation office, or anyone involved in the judicial system.