Reykjavic

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Was stationed there from 92-94 in the Air Force. A lot of amazing places to see! Blue Lagoon is a must. Don't run over any of thier livestock that roams freely.

jg21

Spent 10 days there in 1995 as part of a grad class, "Geology of Iceland". Spent a few days in Reykjavik, then did the ring road tour around the entire country. What an awesome place. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Also flew to Heimaey Island for a day trip. Highly recommend this trip to anyone.

Tomcat

Anytime
Went up there for my annual 2 weeks while I was in the Navy Reserves for about 15 years. I'd go back in a heartbeat. There's a commercial on TV right now where the spa business owner uses her credit card points to import the white mud from the Blue Lagoon. It really works. I had poison ivy on my legs from working in the back yard, covered them with the mud and it was cleared up by the next day! Played golf at the northern most golf course in the world (Akureni) went skiing on the 4th of July and snowmobiling and skiing on the longest day of the year (June 21) when it's light for almost the entire 24 hours. A trip to Vestmannaeyjar Island off the coast was a great weekend experience. That's where Free Willie was taken to be released back into the wild. If you go on a tour make sure you get the English speaking one. In the Summer time the darkest it gets is like dusk, in the Winter, just the opposite. Iceland Air used to be the cheapest way to fly to Europe if you stopped in Iceland for a night or two.