Rib roast on sale $4.99/lb at Giant

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Going to take exception to this post, I microwave chicken for 5 minutes per pound before putting it on the grill. It keeps chicken moist while allowing it to cook all of the way through. Chicken cooked from raw on the grill tends to burn before it cooks through to the bone or else dries out when you cook to low.

ahh..chicken..yes. I precook pork that way too sometimes. I think he was mainly referring to beef.

BigBlue

I use a cast iron for my pan fried steaks. I have done tenderloin in the cast iron and it comes out delicious. Just make sure the pan is hot when you put the steaks in. I fry 2.5 minutes on each side to get that crispy bark:drool:, then turn the burner off and let the steaks cook an additional 3 - 4 minutes. We like ours medium rare. They come out delicious. I don't season them with anything but coarse ground sea salt and coarse ground black pepper.

Same here if the out side grill isn't a possibility but try adding a little "garlic salt"and put a little butter in the pan once you turn off the burner!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While the meat is resting dice a shallot and mince a clove of garlic, then toss them in the pan for a couple of minutes (until fragrant), then add a 1/2 cup of beef broth and maybe a little butter. Make sure you deglaze all the goodies from the pan. Let it reduce to a semi-thick sauce and pour over the steak.

And that is how easy it is to make a pan sauce - but doesn't it just look all fansy and like you really stepped up? Learning to do that changed my life.

Going to take exception to this post, I microwave chicken for 5 minutes per pound before putting it on the grill. It keeps chicken moist while allowing it to cook all of the way through. Chicken cooked from raw on the grill tends to burn before it cooks through to the bone or else dries out when you cook to low.

ahh..chicken..yes. I precook pork that way too sometimes. I think he was mainly referring to beef.
Actually, all meat for me. In regards to chicken, it's too fatty to cook low to the flame, makes a mess, so I cook it on the top rack with the cover closed,low to medium heat, a good 6" above the grill. Never burns, cooks thru, crispy skin.

The microwave is evil.