Road Conditions

General Lee

Headed out in a bit in search of a gourmet meal - will report back on road conditions upon my SAFE return.

This stupid &hit right here is what taxes Emergency personnel. They got enough to deal with and don't need to be tending to accident folks because they feel the need to be out for foolish reasons.

TPD

the poor dad
This stupid &hit right here is what taxes Emergency personnel. They got enough to deal with and don't need to be tending to accident folks because they feel the need to be out for foolish reasons.

Now that right there is funny stuff!

Anywho, the portion of roads I traveled are fine. Five to 10 over the speed limit from Ridge to California. Even the back roads I traveled are passable. I could hardly get a good fishtail in the parking lot. With a temperature of 31 degrees, the salt is doing what it is supposed to do.

PeoplesElbow

It's really not bad, I came from Atlanta this morning and arrived in Lexington Park at 19:00, Lexington Park was the worst part.

The people on I-95 in VA re real idiots though, go 80 mph until they see a sign that warns of possible freezing conditions and then slow down to 40 causing people to have to stop on I-95.

57 and sunny here. SE of Grand Junction, not so much.

"Red Mountain Pass is closed after an avalanche Sunday night, the Colorado Department of Transportation announced.

There is no estimated time for reopening.

Debris 6 feet deep and 200 feet long reached U.S. Highway 550. No exact location of the location was given.

The pass had already been scheduled to be closed Monday morning for avalanche control work.

Sporadic road closures are being made on Molas and Coal Bank passes for control work, Nancy Shanks, CDOT spokeswoman in Durango, said."

daler@durangoherald.com