Route 5: Road to and ended friendship

LaPlata_Warrior

Well, I didn't know his family all that well. Kevin use to ask me to come to one of his youth group meetings and upon planning on coming I see this happens. But if you could IM4, could you tell his family member that Kevin was one of the most nicest, well respected young man. An that I will try to make it to the funeral. An on the cards that I signed. My name is Stephen Lee, #77 for freshmen. Also tell them he was one heck of a runner. An I recall times where playing football on fridays was hard just to catch him. But I'm happy for having him in my life. An outside the family I loved him like the brother I never had.

K

Kizzy

If I only knew what god intended on. I'd probably understand better.

That is a tough question. I’ve struggled with that myself, like I said I’ve lost several close friends and family members at a young age. Wonderful people who I thought would be better served here, but sometimes it is just a person’s time. We have to be grateful for the time we do have each and every day, because we never know when that time will be cut short. No doubt, the accident was tragic, sudden and totally unexpected, this is why they call them accidents. Each day will get better, his memory will still be with you everyday and even years later you will think of him and remember him for the person he was. Right now, the answers are not going to be clear, but maybe in the future they will.

I will make sure I pass your message to the family.

LaPlata_Warrior

Originally posted by IM4Change
That is a tough question. I’ve struggled with that myself, like I said I’ve lost several close friends and family members at a young age. Wonderful people who I thought would be better served here, but sometimes it is just a person’s time. We have to be grateful for the time we do have each and every day, because we never know when that time will be cut short. No doubt, the accident was tragic, sudden and totally unexpected, this is why they call them accidents. Each day will get better, his memory will still be with you everyday and even years later you will think of him and remember him for the person he was. Right now, the answers are not going to be clear, but maybe in the future they will.

I will make sure I pass your message to the family.
With all that being said I guess I understand a little better. But why would god pick a place for Kevin to die right in front of his church. (The house of the Lord) An for Kevin's church friends and family to come out of the church and see that, probably hoping it's not the car they think it is. That's just sad.

An thanks for telling the family for me.

LaPlata_Warrior

Honestly I see your point. But still I go through nights thinking I'm going to wake up and go to school and tell Kevin about my dream and we're going to laugh at it. But there is something that doesn't want to admit that he is gone and won't be coming back. Because I've dealt with older people dying who were close to me also but you wouldn't expect someone who you admire and is at your age. I've been so use to people just moving to another part of the country but dying out in your general area is just the upsetter. But yeah I do understand what your saying. Thanks.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by LaPlata_Warrior
With all that being said I guess I understand a little better. But why would god pick a place for Kevin to die right in front of his church. (The house of the Lord) An for Kevin's church friends and family to come out of the church and see that, probably hoping it's not the car they think it is. That's just sad.

An thanks for telling the family for me.

Kwillia ( :clap: ) did a fantastic job answering that very question.

LaPlata_Warrior

Well I'm going to hit the sack. I feel I will sleep easier tonight. Thanks for all your help. I'll post before I leave out for school tomorrow.

By the way. I have you know Kevin would be proud to have friends like you. An you would be proud to have Kevin for a friend in return. He smiles over all of us tonight. Well, good night everybody and once again thanks for making me feel comfortable about Kevin's death. I really needed that. God Bless. An seriously wear your seatbelts no matter where you go. Much Love. bye.

Last edited:

LaPlata_Warrior

Good Morning. Just wanted to say thanks for last night everybody.
I really appreciate how you took the time to answer my questions and talk to me when I needed someone to talk to the most. In about an hour I'll be leaving out for the bus and I'll keep my head up high. An thank god for blessing me with such a good friend. Now at weight training I'll push myself extra hard to give Kevin a reflection of him and to show who he made step it up. So I won't slow down because Kevin wouldn't want me to. He always told me to give 110%. Now I feel I have the strenght to do exactly what he said. Well, got to get ready for school. Talk to you when I get home. An please....please wear seatbelts at all times.

No matter what you'll always be in my heart
-Stephen Lee #77

R.I.P.
Kevin

I am very sad for your loss. The one bright side (if you can call it that) is that from your description of the accident, it sounds like he went quickly and he didn't suffer long. You have my deepest condolences. I have lost a number of friends in car accidents, including one friend that I grew up with, played ball with for years, and had in classes from kindergarden to 12th grade. It was tough getting thru it, and I still think about him every time I go by where the accident happened. Eventually your pain will fade, but your memories of time spent with Kevin will always remain and he will be there to help you in your darkest times.

mainman

Set Trippin
Good Morning. Just wanted to say thanks for last night everybody.
I really appreciate how you took the time to answer my questions and talk to me when I needed someone to talk to the most. In about an hour I'll be leaving out for the bus and I'll keep my head up high. An thank god for blessing me with such a good friend. Now at weight training I'll push myself extra hard to give Kevin a reflection of him and to show who he made step it up. So I won't slow down because Kevin wouldn't want me to. He always told me to give 110%. Now I feel I have the strenght to do exactly what he said. Well, got to get ready for school. Talk to you when I get home. An please....please wear seatbelts at all times.

No matter what you'll always be in my heart
-Stephen Lee #77

R.I.P.
Kevin
I'm sure you are on your way to school by now, but I just want you to know that I will be thinking about you today, and I hope you have a great day. I did not know Kevin, but one thing I think I know about him, he seems to have been able to pick good friends... Have a blessed day buddy..

Michellie1967

Details Details.... Are they needed on the internet???

I would just like to request that everyone keep whatever details they are hearing regarding the death of Kevin Foster off the internet. I'm sure his family will be looking to see if there is information on their loved one on the internet and I know if they came across some of the details I've read, it will crush them. If you are able to edit your own post and have given details that could cause pain to the family please delete it. Thank you.

Last edited:

Michellie1967

Details Details.... Are they needed on the internet???

I think for the most part, the comments regarding Kevin have been great. I was referring to the post that included details that originated from the EMT to his son and then to his friends. Just want everyone to be mindful of the Foster family. So when anyone posts, consider that the Foster family may read what is posted.

Hessian

Big Picture.

For agnostics and atheists...the only life is here & now. Thus you will be told to have courage, keep your chin up, and "these tragedies will happen."

Since it appeared that Kevin was attending church, its very possible that he would have a different view on what happened.

"God works in mysterious ways"..you may have heard that before. There are tragedies & events that we WANT an explanation for but we many not ever be satisfied with the lack of answers.

Bible believing Christians are able to deal with grief and uncertainty by saying...its all part of a bigger plan,-yet unseen. There is only ONE who sees the Big Picture: God.
He knows what is best for His creation.

I lost one of my students to suicide last year...why? I don't know
BUT, I'm not in charge of this life or the next, but I will follow the Man who does know-and I trust His judgement--in the end it will all be made plain. Take comfort in that thought.

LaPlata_Warrior

Hey I'm sorry for telling you all about what my teammates dad told him. I was just telling you my reaction to what I heard. I was using it for an example when I said my face just squinches up. But I just wanted to have yall know what I feel when I'm being told details. But yeah I'm pretty sure a family member wouldn't want to hear stuff like that. But still. By the way. The school is so stubburn. Kevin's locker had cards all over it. But the school took all of the cards down because some of the card had like. "God Bless, your with god now, you"ll always be an angel", stuff like that. They say because not every person believes in god. But shouldn't it be okay for since Kevin believed in angels and God. I felt it was appropriate. An it wasn't going against anyone's religion. But no use to getting mad, I just want to show that Kevin is being missed and will have us praying day and night to let him know were always going to have a piece of him in our hearts. An I also want to say for the record. Kevin we still got a spot for you at your lunch table. But we put the Highschool's game football (that the team signed for you) in your spot so you'll always be with us in spirit since your not their physically. Man, I miss your smile. You'll always be the best #12 in my book.

Last edited:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Hey I'm sorry for telling you all about what my teammates dad told him. I was just telling you my reaction to what I heard. I was using it for an example when I said my face just squinches up. But I just wanted to have yall no what I feel when I'm being told details. But yeah I'm pretty sure a family member wouldn't want to hear stuff like that. But still. By the way. The school is so stubburn. Kevin's locker was had cards all over it. But the school took all of the cards down because some of the card had like. "God Bless, your with god now, you"ll always be an angel", stuff like that. They say because not every person believes in god. But shouldn't it be okay for since Kevin believed in angels and God. I felt it was appropriate. An it wasn't going against anyone's religion. But no use to getting mad, I just want to show that Kevin is being missed and will have us praying day and night to let him know were always going to have a piece of him in our hearts. An I also want to say for the record. Kevin we still got a spot for you at your lunch table. But we put the Highschool's game football (that the team signed for you) in your spot so you'll always be with us in spirit since your not their physically. Man, I miss your smile. You'll always be the best #12 in my book.
:huggy:

LaPlata_Warrior

Here is my friend, the man I looked up to. Kevin Foster. I'll always remember you in your white & blue colors(team jersey colors).
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37920-2004Mar31.html

By the way. Kev, me and the rest of the team dedicated next season to you. An you'll have a inside game view, because you'll be with me. I still remember seeing you beside me every play. Well you'll still be beside me next year bud. This one is for you Kev.

LaPlata_Warrior

Thanks Kwillia, I'll always let Kevin know what type of supporters you are to the team. If he was alive he'd love to meet every last one of you. Thanks very much.

:angel: You'll always be an angel and your probably playing football right now in heaven. Much love bud.