Rust Bullet sold locally?

Ohiogirl

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know where Rust Bullet is sold locally. Hubby remembers seeing it somewhere around town but can't remember where. We've tried...Dysons, Napa, AutoZone, Federated, Advanced, Fischer, CARQUEST, Tractor Supply, Ollies. Rust Bullet customer service says they don't sell in MD...but we remember seeing it SOMEWHERE!!

Kind of wanted it this weekend, that is why we haven't ordered online.

BOP

I quick-googled it and have concluded that you can only buy it online. I didn't expand my search by googling "quick bullet" and "lowes," for example, but none of them came up in the quick search like you would normally expect.

Ohiogirl

Thanks for googling BOP. We came up with the same results. Ended up ordering on Amazon.

Rust Bullet is a rust preventer/rust convertor.

Dukesdad

I have used CLR to de-rust gas tanks. I have evapo rust that I bought at true value or lowes. Both worked well

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have used CLR to de-rust gas tanks. I have evapo rust that I bought at true value or lowes. Both worked well

I work at Lowe's, and Evapo Rust came up on a web search I did when I looked for it to buy. Our system showed 24 bottles coming in...called the buyer to see when, was told it was a one time buy and isn't actually on re-order. So, scratch us off the list for re-supply.

I work at Lowe's, and Evapo Rust came up on a web search I did when I looked for it to buy. Our system showed 24 bottles coming in...called the buyer to see when, was told it was a one time buy and isn't actually on re-order. So, scratch us off the list for re-supply.

Will Evapo Rust remove rust streaks from vinyl siding? I tried CLR, but that didn't do it. Anything else out there worth trying?

I have something called Rust Buster that does the same thing, converts rust. Works really well. I've had it for a long while, and I seem to remember getting it at a hardware store in NY when I lived there.

I just googled it, but the search results are NOT what I have. The stuff currently using that name is a penetrate like WD-40. The stuff I have is a converter.

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Will Evapo Rust remove rust streaks from vinyl siding? I tried CLR, but that didn't do it. Anything else out there worth trying?

Evapo Rust is used by putting the rusted item in a tub of the chemical and letting it set. I do not think it would work for what you want.