Saltwater...?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by thakidistight
does anyone keep saltwater aquariums in here....?
Heck no, the electrons would kill all the fish. :killingme Freshwater only here.

Re: Re: Saltwater...?

Originally posted by Ken King
Heck no, the electrons would kill all the fish. :killingme Freshwater only here.

:lmao: good one....you want any freshwater fishes?
I have 2 large orange parrot fish, 2 large Bosmemi Rainbows, mated pair of Sunburst Dwarf Gouramis, a small blue rainbow, a small brazilian catfish and a med. orange Discus. Make me an offer if you want them or know anyone who does.....

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Saltwater...?

Originally posted by thakidistight
:lmao: good one....you want any freshwater fishes?
I have 2 large orange parrot fish, 2 large Bosmemi Rainbows, mated pair of Sunburst Dwarf Gouramis, a small blue rainbow, a small brazilian catfish and a med. orange Discus. Make me an offer if you want them or know anyone who does.....
No clue on price but I'll check with the wife, the fish are her deal. Though I get stuck making sure they are fed and remind her that the water needs to be changed.

She has a common plecos, 6 neon tetras, 4 corey cats, 2 molleys, 4 green neons, one blue neon, 5 blush neons, 4 orange fancy tail neons in a 30 gallon tank. We recently bought a used 70 gallon that we are in the process of cleaning and setting up but I have to design and have built the stand she wants for it.

cmacmike

New Marine Aquarium club in somd!

Hey, I know it has been awhile since you asked your question, but there is a new salt water reefer club in southern Maryland now. We have monthly meetings, plan field trips, have discounts available to members, offer help and advice for new tanks as well as those that have set up for years. Check us out at www.smmas.org and come to our meeting if you are interested.

cmacmike said:
Hey, I know it has been awhile since you asked your question, but there is a new salt water reefer club in southern Maryland now. We have monthly meetings, plan field trips, have discounts available to members, offer help and advice for new tanks as well as those that have set up for years. Check us out at www.smmas.org and come to our meeting if you are interested.
I will be getting in touch once I get the basement done.l

cmacmike said:
Looking forward to meeting you...
I had a 29 G. in my old house w/ tropicals in it (lots of angels mostly). Once I finish the basement (gotta clean it out first) I plan to build a large aquarium into a wall and then use the 30 gallon that I got from James White as a biofilter for it. In the mean time, I will probably set up the 30 as a tropical in the basement after I clean it out, and before I start the construction.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ken King said:
No clue on price but I'll check with the wife, the fish are her deal. Though I get stuck making sure they are fed and remind her that the water needs to be changed.

She has a common plecos, 6 neon tetras, 4 corey cats, 2 molleys, 4 green neons, one blue neon, 5 blush neons, 4 orange fancy tail neons in a 30 gallon tank. We recently bought a used 70 gallon that we are in the process of cleaning and setting up but I have to design and have built the stand she wants for it.
Your tank is BEGGING for a Jack Dempsey, Fire Mouth or a Red Oscar.. clean that tank right up!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
cmacmike said:
I thought this was a salt water thread... Jack Demsey's?????? :lmao:
Look at the tank I suggested he put Jack Dempseys into.. neons.. molleys tetras. ALL freshwater fish.. just suggested a Dempsey would clean the tank out REAL nice..

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I have a hard enough time keeping the freshwater ones alive. What's the best way to adjust the ph in a freshwater aquarium?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Bustem' Down said:
I have a hard enough time keeping the freshwater ones alive. What's the best way to adjust the ph in a freshwater aquarium?
What kind of gravel do you have in the bottom of the tank?? First off, if it's a new tank it has to be aged in.. the first few fish are probably going to die, the bacteria has to be built up, then you have to determine what kind of fish you are going to want to have in the tank, each type of fish prefer different levels of PH..

Do you use an anti shock when you put you fish in the tank?

after your tank is aged in and have a good bacteria base, the most common mistakes are overcleaning, replacing TOO much water, and overfeeding. I never replaced more then 1/3 of the water when I cleaned my tank, and that was every few weeks.. I had under gravel filter with pumps ontop of the tubes and it worked GREAT. cleaned the gravel when I did the water exchange and no problems..

I changed out my gravel for crushed coral and I never had a Ph problem again, but I had an agressive tank.. Dempsey's, Fire Mouths... Convicts.. and two HUGE honkin Pleco's.. Cichlids probably wouldn't have done as well

cmacmike

Hey, we're cool...

itsbob said:
Look at the tank I suggested he put Jack Dempseys into.. neons.. molleys tetras. ALL freshwater fish.. just suggested a Dempsey would clean the tank out REAL nice..

Understood, I didn't mean to "dis" you... just looking for some saltwater folks. Thanks for not getting nasty...