Save LINDA'S ON THE SQUARE

locallady

work smarter not harder!
I am writing to all. Linda's on the Square is doing great business wise, but due to a slum lord that owns the building, she is trying to evict Linda. Linda just passed her 20 year anniversary of being in business and she is not to be pushed out. I would urge everyone that loves Linda's and knows her to show her support this week, and go in for a great meal.

Linda is fighting back and is NOT going out of business. The rumor mill is vicious and I am writing from the courthouse, watching whats going on. Slum lords will have there day! So come out and support her and let everyone you know!!! :love:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
That's awful. I love eating at Linda's. Especially breakfast, yummy. Why would they want her to leave?

locallady

work smarter not harder!
I think they want to take her money. Apparently the owners have multiple law suits right now and are just straight up ruthless people.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
locallady said:
I think they want to take her money. Apparently the owners have multiple law suits right now and are just straight up ruthless people.

I'm not sure I understand. I'm assuming she's paying rent to use that space. If she pays on time and the full amount due each month then what other money could they want? On what grounds do they have to try to evict her?

Mikeinsmd

getbent said:
I'm not sure I understand. I'm assuming she's paying rent to use that space. If she pays on time and the full amount due each month then what other money could they want? On what grounds do they have to try to evict her?
:yeahthat:

locallady said:
I am writing to all. Linda's on the Square is doing great business wise, but due to a slum lord that owns the building, she is trying to evict Linda. Linda just passed her 20 year anniversary of being in business and she is not to be pushed out. I would urge everyone that loves Linda's and knows her to show her support this week, and go in for a great meal.

Linda is fighting back and is NOT going out of business. The rumor mill is vicious and I am writing from the courthouse, watching whats going on. Slum lords will have there day! So come out and support her and let everyone you know!!! :love:
Sounds fishy to me. You don't spend all that money on a business without a good lease.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
desertrat said:
Sounds fishy to me. You don't spend all that money on a business without a good lease.

:yeahthat: Nowadays leases are at least 5yrs... She been in town for a year maybe?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
sunflower said:
:yeahthat: Nowadays leases are at least 5yrs... She been in town for a year maybe?

I think your right. I haven't heard anything about this from anyone else but a friend of my hubby's may know Linda. Maybe I'll ask him if he's heard anything.