SC Troooper busted speeding.......130 in a 70

glhs837

Power with Control
We had a six page debate over this at my main car forum, which has its share of LEOs, and the gist seemed to be that most officers would have pulled this guy over, reamed a new one, and sent him packing, with a few dissenters saying they would ticket him.

Seems the "professional courtesy" isnt %100, but subjective, and dependent upon the offense and the officer who catches you. One officer suggested any officer who would ever ticket another officer should be so harassed by his co-workers he would quit.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
It just makes for a bad work environment if you give tickets to people you work with. It is the kinda thing that would spiral out of control. If anyone got a ticket they would be out to get revenge on the person who gave them the ticket by giving them a ticket back.

glhs837

Power with Control
Agreed, highly dependant upon circumstances, I'd say. To me, there has to be a breaking point where you say that the violation is over the line. 130mph? Any normal citizen would most likely get cuffed and stuffed. I have no problem with profesional courtesy, but how far should it go? And at what point should the offending officer say "My fault, I was out of line"?

If that officer, or his co-workers, exact payback for what really was a serious breech, what does that say for thier profesionalism?

Fenrir51

If you enforce the laws you should be the one to obey them at all times. Hold yourself at a higher standard and have the integrity to keep yourself there.

Professional courtesy just sounds like an excuse to break the law and get away with doing it.

PantherWoman

It's about time they are caught and ticketed. I'm sorry but I'm tired of seeing speeding cops not folowing the very laws they are supposed to enforce. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen cops turn on their lights to speed through traffic only to turn them off afterwards. Everybody should be held to follow the same laws for safety. What if that cop would have killed somebody?