Scanner in car

dlr

I've lived and worked in Southern Maryland for decades and have recently started to carry the scanner in the car. (I've had the amateur radios in there for years)

Do the local police (Calvert, St. Mary's, and Charles) care if you do carry the scanner while mobile? Anyone have any experiences where the officers gave a hard time about it when pulled over? I know it's legal in Maryland to carry them.

Thanks.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I've lived and worked in Southern Maryland for decades and have recently started to carry the scanner in the car. (I've had the amateur radios in there for years)

Do the local police (Calvert, St. Mary's, and Charles) care if you do carry the scanner while mobile? Anyone have any experiences where the officers gave a hard time about it when pulled over? I know it's legal in Maryland to carry them.

Thanks.
only illegal if it's being used to facilitate a criminal act.

dlr

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if anyone had gotten any slack from cops if stopped when it was on. I just like listening to the chatter as I drive along. I do a tremendous amount of driving for work so it helps the miles go by faster.

I do need to get the EDACs frequencies straight though for St. Mary's. Calvert was pretty straight forward with the Smartnet set up. I've used RR for the frequencies. I'm open for suggestions on setting up EDACs though - I've done the channels in order, I think, but still having issues.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if anyone had gotten any slack from cops if stopped when it was on. I just like listening to the chatter as I drive along. I do a tremendous amount of driving for work so it helps the miles go by faster.

I do need to get the EDACs frequencies straight though for St. Mary's. Calvert was pretty straight forward with the Smartnet set up. I've used RR for the frequencies. I'm open for suggestions on setting up EDACs though - I've done the channels in order, I think, but still having issues.

Thanks again.

Make sure you set the freq and bank as a EDACs and you have to program the channels in order starting on channel 1 not 0.... so if you are using bank 4 the first channel would be 400 so you would skip this slot and start with 401

dlr

Make sure you set the freq and bank as a EDACs and you have to program the channels in order starting on channel 1 not 0.... so if you are using bank 4 the first channel would be 400 so you would skip this slot and start with 401

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I did it that way but will check.

Dan