Scary -- Home invasion in Mechanicsville

OldHillcrestGuy

Woodburn Hill is off of Thompson Corner Rd., its mostly Amish homes back there except for the little apt. house on the left just off Thompson Corner. I hope they aren't targeting the Amish thinking they have valuables in their homes. I have a feeling it was probably a Amish family.

nobody really

I need a nap
Woodburn Hill is off of Thompson Corner Rd., its mostly Amish homes back there except for the little apt. house on the left just off Thompson Corner. I hope they aren't targeting the Amish thinking they have valuables in their homes. I have a feeling it was probably a Amish family.

mmmm, the amish homes (to me anyways) wouldn't make a good target to an outsider, even the locals know the Amish lead simple lives.

lucky_bee

RBF expert

:confused:

what are they going to take that's actually valuable to a couple of thugs? Homemade blueberry pies? candles? cotton jumpers?

Chris0nllyn

The press release states that they broke in at 1:00am and ordered everyone to the ground.

Leads me to believe that people were hanging out in the living room at 1 in the morning when 2 dudes busted in. IF so, I doubt they'd be amish.

buddscreek

more then likely at the apt building.. no word of this through the amish comm. if amish it would be thru here like wildfire
their are other non amish on that road,but they are just hippy types and don't keep much

Last edited:

officeguy

mmmm, the amish homes (to me anyways) wouldn't make a good target to an outsider, even the locals know the Amish lead simple lives.

They also tend to be skeptical towards the banking system and handle many business transactions in cash.

officeguy

:eyebrow: How do you handle credit transactions without phones and/or computers?

To my knowledge, the only time the amish take out credit is to purchase farmland. They may borrow building materials from the community, but you wont see them signing for a note on a shiny new car or a bigscreen TV. Some of the amish merchants accept credit cards, but that doesn't require THEM to incur debts. They do a lot more cash business than other enterprises of similar size, it is not unusual for an amish farmer to pay for a seasons worth of seed-corn with a bundle of cash. Just because they live a modest lifestyle doesn't mean that they dont have significant sums of cash stashed somewhere on their property.

Pyrotech

Les Paul Addict
So Im to assume the term "Assault Rifle" is being used as a politically correct term as coined by the Obama Administration - which really means- sling shots...

Last edited: