School buses causing accidents?

officeguy

I kind of want a like button for this post. It takes me a good two minutes to recover from seeing these on a dark night.

There is actually research about this. The safest way to illuminate a scene is to turn off the emergency beacon (red for fire/EMS, red-blue for police) and to turn on Amber warning lights and a 'traffic advisor' (ribbon of Amber lights that moves in the direction we want to direct traffic). All lighting of the scene itself should not shine horizontally onto the roadway.

Now try to explain that to a cop (or explain anything to a cop for that matter).

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Now try to explain that to a cop (or explain anything to a cop for that matter).

We all should be grateful for cops, or there would be more chaos than there is now. They put their lives on the line, every day. As far as the school bus topic of this thread; when you see one, just be prepared to stop, and don’t look at the strobe. That is easy.

The whining of it all is ridiculous, and getting on my nerves! Stop! Get a grip! Be Americans, or something like that.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
We all should be grateful for cops, or there would be more chaos than there is now. They put their lives on the line, every day. As far as the school bus topic of this thread; when you see one, just be prepared to stop, and don’t look at the strobe. That is easy.

The whining of it all is ridiculous, and getting on my nerves! Stop! Get a grip! Be Americans, or something like that.
Uh no.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Look at the time stamp. Witching hour.

Thanks for your intense interest in me and when I post. Do you say that to other members that post late at night? That would be a definite no. Are there rules about what time of day/night posting is acceptable? Shoo, troll. Thanks, and happy foruming! Oh, and one more thing. What did I ever say to you on this forum that would trigger this kind of response? Answer is nothing. I have actually responded to your posts in a positive way. I liked you. Oh, well.

Edited at 1:17 am.

Last edited:

officeguy

Thanks for your intense interest in me and when I post. Do you say that to other members that post late at night? That would be a definite no. Are there rules about what time of day/night posting is acceptable? Shoo, troll. Thanks, and happy foruming! Oh, and one more thing. What did I ever say to you on this forum that would trigger this kind of response? Answer is nothing. I have actually responded to your posts in a positive way. I liked you. Oh, well.

It's not that you post at night. It's the looneytunes stuff you post when you are left alone with the ipad. I make a little jab at cops and you ramble on about 'Be Americans' and other unrelated stuff.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It's not that you post at night. It's the looneytunes stuff you post when you are left alone with the ipad. I make a little jab at cops and you ramble on about 'Be Americans' and other unrelated stuff.

Then why did you make refererence to the time that I post, and call it the witching hour? It is my quiet time, when all others are asleep, and I can think. It is your opinion if my posts are looney tune, or not. I am never left alone. I have a wonderful family, but they are really needy. I just like the peace and quiet of it all. Also, nothing is unrelated, anymore; haven’t you noticed that? Speaking of rambling, you are good at it, too. :smile:

And, don’t jab cops. Just sayin’. They may save your life one day.

And, what do you mean about me being left alone with my iPad? Just wondering.

Also, what is wrong with being Americans? I don’t see that as unrelated. And, I guess, you don’t see what is happening to America.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Then why did you make refererence to the time that I post? It is my quiet time, when all others are asleep and I can think. It is your opinion if my posts are looney tune, or not. I am never left alone. I have a wonderful family, but they are really needy. I just like the peace and quiet of it all. Also, nothing is unrelated, anymore; haven’t you noticed that? Speaking of rambling, you are good at it, too. :smile:

And, don’t jab cops. Just sayin’. They may save your life one day.

And, what do you mean about me being left alone with my iPad? Just wondering.

Lol......

littlelady

God bless the USA
Lol......

Why do you find that funny? Please explain. Thanks.

Edit: I find it funny that you make fun of women; starting with your girlfriend. You love to use the words banging and pussy. I was in a sorority at LSU (you made reference to that today as far as Malia). My sorority, Pi Beta Phi, was one of the first. Founded in 1867, and first referred to as a fraternity. You don’t even know what you are talking about when it comes to that. Back off, dog. Thanks.

The more I read your posts, I know that you are one scary individual. Thanks for making my comment your signature. :yay:

The more I read your posts, I surmise that you hate women, but demand them to be in your life. Sad. I am hoping your lawyer girlfriend prosecutes you.

Lol.....

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Why do you find that funny? Please explain. Thanks.

Edit: I find it funny that you make fun of women; starting with your girlfriend. You love to use the words banging and pussy. I was in a sorority at LSU (you made reference to that today as far as Malia). My sorority, Pi Beta Phi, was one of the first. Founded in 1867, and first referred to as a fraternity. You don’t even know what you are talking about when it comes to that. Back off, dog. Thanks.

The more I read your posts, I know that you are one scary individual. Thanks for making my comment your signature. :yay:

The more I read your posts, I surmise that you hate women, but demand them to be in your life. Sad. I am hoping your lawyer girlfriend prosecutes you.

Lol.....

Rich, coming from a foul mouth FU Troll like yourself... Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Lol...... The two things that bother you are banging & pussy...... are two of the things that don't happen in your home anymore either...

.That's a double LOL...LOL.....

pbotz

Oh yes i agree fully. The strobe light on top of school buses is very distracting and makes it hard to drive behind a bus when its blinking. Here is another one. how about when your driving behind a flatbed tow truck and hes got his rear strobes and lights on top of the truck flashing away the whole time hes driving with an empty bed with no vehicle being towed. Talk about a being blinded and distracted.
I do not get the strobe on the buses as a large yellow bus should be quite visible to other motorists. I do agree with kids safety and making the buses more safe/visible but it seems the strobe light fell short of this goal.

officeguy

We can't be to fanatic about safety on school buses, how many gazillion's of them don't have seatbelts yet...

NHTSA has looked at this. Currently, on average 4 children die nationwide while seated in a school bus. By requiring seatbelts, that number could possibly be cut to two (if you wrap a bus around a tree or light post, there are always going to be a couple of kids in a unsurvivable spot). Its one of those things that would seem to make sense but has a very limited effect on safety overall.

I suspect the clamoring for seat belts on full size school buses will subside after the first NYS or California bus burns up with a dozen kids inside.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Rich, coming from a foul mouth FU Troll like yourself... Your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
Lol...... The two things that bother you are banging & pussy...... are two of the things that don't happen in your home anymore either...

.That's a double LOL...LOL.....

I know I shouldn’t respond to you, and I will do my best not to from now on. Just had to say that you are one disgusting, and narcissistic human. That’s all.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I was behind a school bus today going home from dot’s house because she needed iceberg lettuce for her tacos that she forgot to get (about 5:45pm) and it was dark. I guess it is the buses dropping children off after late school activities. Knowing about this thread, I, intentionally, looked at the white strobe light. It didn’t affect my eyes. And, that drive home is riddled with deer crossing the road; it is a very snakey winding road. I noticed the bus slowed way down in that part to where I had to put on my brakes. :yay: Maybe, some of y’all know where Cashell is in Olney. Anyway, I found no prob with the white light.

Last edited: