Sept. 11th

romance

One of the sinners
Originally posted by Flo
This is an article in today's Washington Post. Thought I would share. It is very sad, but this is "One Strong Lady!" I admire people like this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59240-2002Sep9.html

That story was so sad. Most of the stories I've read don't tell the "dark side". They all show the survivors as having minor injuries and getting on with their life. That story as heart behind it. Thanks for sharing that Flo.

romance

One of the sinners
Sorry about your friend, Mig. Jaime was lucky not to have any of friends hurt who were the Roosevelt (which got back last month I believe). I wish you and your friend the best of luck, Mig.

As for us today. The kids do not have school today. OUr school system said it would be better to be home with their families. Jaime's boss is only working them a half day. We can spend the rest of the day being thankful we have each other. The girls have also made their flags but we haven't got the stars put on yet.

J

justhangn

Interesting pic

Attachments

• stamp.jpg
    stamp.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 98

SeaRide

Originally posted by Tonio
It's not something I'm proud of, but I still have moments where I want to see bin Laden tortured for the rest of his life. I don't want to see him dead, because he wants to be a martyr. I would get much more emotional satisfaction by seeing him humiliated and remorseful, begging us for his forgiveness.
Part of me feels the same way as Tonio.
It's not something I am an expert with this. Sometimes I wonder if bin Laden someday just happens to be in prison in the near future, would there be more terrorist hijackers/attackers demanding prison release of bin Laden? I hate the thought of hostages(on airplane, bus, train, etc) being held by terrorists because of bin Laden or people like him are alive in prison. I just don't like to see innocent lives being killed just because bin Laden are still alive in prison. I just hope everyone forgot about bin Laden once he's in prison like Ortega (sp?) and others that I forgot already. :biggrin: Sometimes I prefer death penalty for bin Laden .. sometimes I prefer life in prison for bin Laden .. argghh!

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SeaRide

Part of me feels the same way as Tonio.
It's not something I am an expert with this. Sometimes I wonder if bin Laden someday just happens to be in prison in the near future, would there be more terrorist hijackers/attackers demanding prison release of bin Laden? I hate the thought of hostages(on airplane, bus, train, etc) being held by terrorists because of bin Laden or people like him are alive in prison. I just don't like to see innocent lives being killed just because bin Laden are still alive in prison. I just hope everyone forgot about bin Laden once he's in prison like Ortega (sp?) and others that I forgot already. :biggrin: Sometimes I prefer death penalty for bin Laden .. sometimes I prefer life in prison for bin Laden .. argghh!

I'll meet you half way there, we'll put his corpse in jail for life.

K

Katie

His life would be MADE miserable in jail. They would have to put him in solitary confinement. All the other prisoners would make his life living &ell.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I read a notice saying that Iraq's state-run newspaper ran a picture of the WTC on fire with the headline God's Punishment. FOR THAT ALONE, I want to see Saddam and the editor endure a lifetime of unbearable pain. How dare they? Who the f**k do they think they are? They aren't God!!

Why do I have so much anger about this?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I read a notice saying that Iraq's state-run newspaper ran a picture of the WTC on fire with the headline God's Punishment. FOR THAT ALONE, I want to see Saddam and the editor endure a lifetime of unbearable pain. How dare they? Who the f**k do they think they are? They aren't God!!

I'll settle for a Times Headline that say's "Gods Punishment Hits Bagdad!"
IvyMikeC640.jpg

J

justhangn

Over the past year I have heard of this many times and, like yourself, it makes my blood boil. The hate that is held for us infidels is no great secret, but for some unknown reason, there at those in this country that feel we should just sit back, talk about why they hate us so, try to appease all that hate us and wait to be attacked again and again.

I on the other hand feel that an once of prevention is worth more than a mountain of cure.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Mad enough yet?

911 commemorative lighters seized en route to Gaza.

Tuesday, September 10, 2002
In the context of the monitoring process carried out by security forces in order to uncover the smuggling of arms and ammunition to the Palestinian Authority, cigarette lighters depicting the attack on the World Trade Center next to an image of Osama Bin Laden, were found. The lighters were to be sold in Palestinian Authority areas.

go.asp

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by justhangn
... I on the other hand feel that an once of prevention is worth more than a mountain of cure.

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
384000000000 ounces of cure above!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by justhangn

Over the past year I have heard of this many times and, like yourself, it makes my blood boil. The hate that is held for us infidels is no great secret, but for some unknown reason, there at those in this country that feel we should just sit back, talk about why they hate us so, try to appease all that hate us and wait to be attacked again and again.

I on the other hand feel that an once of prevention is worth more than a mountain of cure.

I don't believe that America's foreign policy should be above criticism--I agree with most of what Ken King has said about our lack of even-handedness in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. That's one reason that so many people in the Arab world think of monsters like Arafat and bin Laden as heroes.

At the same time, you're right that nothing justifies the horrors we experienced a year ago. We have every right to deal with al Qaeda as we've been doing in Afghanistan.