Sept 6th, Accident on 260 near Jewel Rd?

Mark_Disfree

Hey out there, anybody know anything about this accident. I saw it happen in my rear view mirror. It looked like some sort of large truck (box truck or dump truck maybe) rear ended a car and caused a chain reaction ending up with at least 4 cars involved. At first it didn't look that bad, just a multi-car fender bender with some body damage, but I found out later that they had to shut down the road and that there were numerous ambulances on the scene. Anybody got any info? Thanks

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I just turned my Calvert Scanner on when I saw this post. What time was this?

Editing here. I am hearing nothing major going on at this time. But am Hearing several Fire Units reporting going back into service. Possibly coming from the incident you are refering to.

Rael

Supper's Ready
I think he was referring to an accident on September 6th, Jeff. Usually I hear about those from the morning commuters coming from NoCal that I work with, but hadn't heard it this time. Doesn't sound good, though. :shrug:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Rael said:
I think he was referring to an accident on September 6th, Jeff. Usually I hear about those from the morning commuters coming from NoCal that I work with, but hadn't heard it this time. Doesn't sound good, though. :shrug:

Understand. I know I heard nothing relating to it on the scanner so figured it was not currently ongoing. I don't pay much attention to Calvert as St. Mary's is always busy enough. I don't keep the speakers form my Calvert Scanner turned on but I do keep it feeding to the net though.

sockgirl77

Mark_Disfree said:
Hey out there, anybody know anything about this accident. I saw it happen in my rear view mirror. It looked like some sort of large truck (box truck or dump truck maybe) rear ended a car and caused a chain reaction ending up with at least 4 cars involved. At first it didn't look that bad, just a multi-car fender bender with some body damage, but I found out later that they had to shut down the road and that there were numerous ambulances on the scene. Anybody got any info? Thanks
Did you turn around and stop? :shrug:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Mark_Disfree said:

This might be the one you're talking about.

http://www.dunkirk5.com/fullstory.php?50860

Mark_Disfree

Bay_Kat said:
This might be the one you're talking about.

http://www.dunkirk5.com/fullstory.php?50860

Bay_Kat:
Thanks, that looks like the one. I checked out Dunkirk's site yesterday but didn't see it up there. Maybe it wasn't up yet or maybe I just missed it.

Sockgirl77:
No, I didn't turn around or stop, because like I said "At first it didn't look that bad, just a multi-car fender bender with some body damage" Plus, even if I had wanted to, I would not have been able to. There was bumper to bumper traffic in both directions, and a motorcycle recieving assistence from a pick-up on the shoulder. Simply no place to turn around.

Jeff & Rael:
Yep, this one happened back on the sixth.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
That intersection is awful. I got in an accident there just a few weeks after getting my drivers license (many many years ago). No one was hurt thank goodness. Just about every other driver who pulled up to the stop sign shouted sympathy towards me and said we needed a traffic light. There's what, a blinking light there now? Yeah, that helps...