Septic tank cleaning

Restless

Can someone recommend a good, reliable septic contractor? We need to have our tank pumped soon. We usually use Charles Downs but they were closed last week, and haven't returned my calls on their answering machine this week. We really like them, but don't want to wait too long before getting this done. Thanks!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
You need to pump it every 2 or 3 years. Don't want it to fail now since all new systems now require the new nitrogen removing technology.

Hmmm. I must be slacking as a new home owner. We have a septic also. Guess I need to keep up on things like this. Anywhere I can get some info on this new requirement? Sounds expensive :/

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
You need to pump it every 2 or 3 years. Don't want it to fail now since all new systems now require the new nitrogen removing technology.

Really? Thought it depended on size of tank and number of family members using it. Tank sizes run from 500 gallons up to (and probably beyond) 2500 gallons.

A 1000 gallon tank and 4 family members would need a clean out every 2 to 3 years but a 2000 gallon tank with family of 4 wouldn't need the clean out until about 6 years.

jasonandjen

Eddie Guy Septic, also very thorough and has more septic experience than any single person in southern maryland. not that you need that for pumping, but price him too. nice guy.
301-884-3306

Chris0nllyn

Thanks for the suggestions.

I called Cotton's, Glover's, and Copsey's.

Prices were $225, $250, and $235.

Cotton's is coming out tomorrow.