Serious question for the Leftists! ... And whatever Chris believes he is.

MiddleGround

I believe that women got the vote in 1920,. So he's really ####ing old... Like wormfood old.

We all learned it from you..

...and his previous screen names.

Thanks, I was just doing a "MiddleGround" passing through...

From now on when I do a drive by it shall forever be called,
" Dropping a MiddleGround" ,,,,,,,, DMG

And as of these posts, neither one of you have added anything to this discussion No opinions (of your own... what a surprise) or any comment other than juvenile assaults.

You are the ones who want to stick up for "Conservative values" and point the fingers at others and say they have no tolerance for Conservative ideas? What a joke. How about you add to the conversation instead of hit-n-run insults :yay:

MiddleGround

Fine. Give me your best example of the left showing respect to the opinions of the right - recognizing the right
has a difference of opinion. You can cite people here - or leadership at large.

Any night time personality, any leftie actor from Hollywood, any one in Congress or in Washington who
doesn't belittle, insult or condescend to their political opposites. Show me the one who says, you know what?
Insults aside, they have a point.

Give it your best shot.

Me, I try very hard not to resort to name-calling - I generally regard ridicule as a form of intellectual surrender.
There are a few here who contribute nothing to the discussion and show no interest in engaging on any kind of level.
Mostly, I ignore them.

I have lots of people in my family who disagree with me - greatly. But the politically rabid among them behave
EXACTLY like the people in that cult I was in for ten years.

You want a creepy experience? You leave the cult - you see an old dear friend that you cared about - a lot.
They don't know you left. They run to greet you, laugh, say how they've missed you.
Then someone whispers in their ear - and in an instant, you've become a leper. They shut down. They withdraw.

I can assure you, I've experienced this, in the cult. And when someone I know learns I voted for Trump.
Withdraw. Enemy. Heathen.

NEVER seen this on my side of the aisle. Never abandoned a friend or relative because they voted the other way.

You've seen this? TRUTHFULLY?

It somehow runs deeper on the left. I can take or leave politics. I'm the same way about sports.
Root for the Ravens? Sure. Root for the Steelers - when they're playing the Ravens? Why not?
It's not life or death to me. I've had to cut the feed from Facebook friends because they can't STOP
bemoaning the election, of how they hate Trump. He's inserted into EVERY conversation.

Never said it didn't happen. Never said it isn't worse now. In fact, I said I believe it IS worse now.

What I DID in fact say is that it is silly to pretend that it does not occur on ALL SIDES. Are you honestly going to try to say that there are NO Conservative blockers out there? No Libertarian blockers?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And as of these posts, neither one of you have added anything to this discussion No opinions (of your own... what a surprise) or any comment other than juvenile assaults.

You are the ones who want to stick up for "Conservative values" and point the fingers at others and say they have no tolerance for Conservative ideas? What a joke. How about you add to the conversation instead of hit-n-run insults :yay:

I offer opinions all the time. Just never where you're concerned or involved....no point. ;-)

SamSpade

Never said it didn't happen. Never said it isn't worse now. In fact, I said I believe it IS worse now.

What I DID in fact say is that it is silly to pretend that it does not occur on ALL SIDES. Are you honestly going to try to say that there are NO Conservative blockers out there? No Libertarian blockers?

Basic logic - you can't prove something doesn't exist. You can use reason to make it sound reasonable - but it can't be proven.
So you accept it as possible.

I don't know of a conservative version of what I observe PERSONALLY, face to face, as what I see on the left.
I don't see people saying they'd rather date a terrorist than a Hillary supporter.
I don't see a single person on regular television - outside of FOX - that doesn't spit out leftie talking points
and makes a mockery of what the right believes. And forget pop culture - you don't even get a seat at the table.
I'll groan when I hear some TV show make a mention of some political point - and it's always against the right.
Always

I don't recall a right-wing guy shooting up a baseball practice like a shooting gallery - I do remember just about
every time there's a shooter anywhere, the left conjectures that he's right wing. Until the facts come out.
Then, they drop it.

I don't remember during the Obama or Clinton terms, regular TV programming making them out to be idiots or fools.
I don't remember mainstream magazines lampooning them.

Yes, I do think the right gets dumped on with much greater frequency than the left - and with much greater vitriol and hate.
But I am kind of used to it.

You know - I tease my kids all the time. It's light-hearted and not cruel. But it's teasing. I tell them stuff like, we're just fattening
them up so we can eat them. You know what I've noticed? They don't totally lose it when their classmates tease them.
They can take it. Unlike some of their friends who dissolve into tears over being "bullied".

I'm used to it, but I'm not blind.

MiddleGround

Basic logic - you can't prove something doesn't exist. You can use reason to make it sound reasonable - but it can't be proven.
So you accept it as possible.

I don't know of a conservative version of what I observe PERSONALLY, face to face, as what I see on the left.
I don't see people saying they'd rather date a terrorist than a Hillary supporter.
I don't see a single person on regular television - outside of FOX - that doesn't spit out leftie talking points
and makes a mockery of what the right believes. And forget pop culture - you don't even get a seat at the table.
I'll groan when I hear some TV show make a mention of some political point - and it's always against the right.
Always

I don't recall a right-wing guy shooting up a baseball practice like a shooting gallery - I do remember just about
every time there's a shooter anywhere, the left conjectures that he's right wing. Until the facts come out.
Then, they drop it.

I don't remember during the Obama or Clinton terms, regular TV programming making them out to be idiots or fools.
I don't remember mainstream magazines lampooning them.

Yes, I do think the right gets dumped on with much greater frequency than the left - and with much greater vitriol and hate.
But I am kind of used to it.

You know - I tease my kids all the time. It's light-hearted and not cruel. But it's teasing. I tell them stuff like, we're just fattening
them up so we can eat them. You know what I've noticed? They don't totally lose it when their classmates tease them.
They can take it. Unlike some of their friends who dissolve into tears over being "bullied".

I'm used to it, but I'm not blind.

I agree. It is far more widespread than it has been in the past.

It does make me wonder what will happen if or when the next Liberal Democrat candidte gets elected. Will it just get ramped up due to "payback?" Or, will it go back to what it was pre-Trump? Either way, it would be nice to see it all go away and these haters work together to get good things done for the country.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I agree 100%. Opinions of what you think of those who do not agree with you :yay:

Cute. Wrong..but cute. I see how many subjects you start, with links to the source material. How many subjects you engage in with links to supporting material. Virtually none. You just troll. That's all you do. That's all your previous mpds did..go figure. ;-)

SamSpade

I agree. It is far more widespread than it has been in the past.

It does make me wonder what will happen if or when the next Liberal Democrat candidte gets elected. Will it just get ramped up due to "payback?"

I remember how frenzied the right was over Clinton. Not vulgar or crude - at least not until people learned where he hid his cigars.
And certainly not television, pop culture, Hollywood or the press. They loved the guy. And the right was, I think, justifiably pissed
when he and Hillary just kept skating past everything. Rose Law firm records. Never saw them. Oh, you mean THESE records?
Here on the coffee table. Buddhist temple. Cattle futures. Blue dress. Meaning of the word "is". And that's the easy ones.
I still can't believe people like Sandy Berger got out with what he did - and nothing happened.

Then Dubya got elected, and the left piled on HIM. If Roseanne called Jarrett an ape - they called Dubya a chimp first.
The Smirking Chimp is still online, even though they've moved on from Bush.
And the right endured another eight years of pile ons. And Bush's aw shucks ain't freedom of speech grand reaction -
while gracious - changed nothing.

Then we got the leg tingle from Obama - the left couldn't swoon fast enough. The Nobel committee gave him a peace prize
for stuff they HOPED he'd do, and overlooked some far more deserving candidates. I admit - at first, I thought if ANYTHING,
he could smooth things over with racial differences and gain an ear from the Middle East, because they saw him as understanding of
Muslims. But it seemed that Obama was far more interested in the star appeal of the White House than actual governing.
If Trump rankles the left, Obama did it first - the sneering contempt for the folks in suburbia, in "fly-over" country. Trump and Obama
in THAT regard are two sides of the same coin. The only difference being, Obama's friends and supporters were all in Hollywood
and the press. But just as Trump has his rallies, Obama attended fund-raisers - but often promoted his own brand while there.

I think it's safe to say that the nation got Trump because of Obama - and Hillary. Sneer at enough people, and they'll hit back.

I don't think there'll be "payback". I think it'll be what it always is when Dems wrestle control from the GOP - open season.
Because they've never stopped.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I admit - at first, I thought if ANYTHING,
he could smooth things over with racial differences and gain an ear from the Middle East, because they saw him as understanding of
Muslims.

That was me too. I said as much to a number of people; I thought that would be the one real positive from what I otherwise thought was a debacle of an election in 2008. I mean really..how on earth did a guy that probably couldn't even count change from a McDonald's register get elected President?? A guy with literally zero useful experience with anything remotely resembling executive activity?

And then he proved to be the most racially divisive president in my lifetime.....and lit the middle east on fire.

PsyOps

Pixelated
So - in a nutshell - the far left is a CULT. They're very likely to have no religion at all, but their politics has supplanted it.
And thus it shows.

And it has virtually consumed the entire democrat party. They have gone full-throttle Saul Alinsky. They have taken Rahm Emanuel's tenet "Never let a serious crisis go to waste" to another level by fabricating crises. They have decided that, not only are those who disagree with us are the enemy, but they will be shut down, even with violence. All the things they accuse the rights of being are the very things they practice. And this being scary enough on its own, there are people willing to vote this sort of CULT into our government. I have real fears about what they will do if they ever get control back in congress. I think what we saw during the first two years of Obama was child's play.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And the schools, colleges and media are training more every day.

Russia, China, Cuba, Nicaragua, VietNam....

And it makes no sense. The freest country in the world and these people want to throw that away............ for what? They are really asking for government to have this much control over their lives? Are they really this ignorant to not understand that what they ask for will affect them too, and their rights?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
And it makes no sense. The freest country in the world and these people want to throw that away............ for what? They are really asking for government to have this much control over their lives? Are they really this ignorant to not understand that what they ask for will affect them too, and their rights?

The people of Venezuela voted Chavez and Maduro in until there isn’t any food left., but now it’s too late.

No food, no jobs, no rights

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Are they really this ignorant to not understand that what they ask for will affect them too, and their rights?

They are willing to sacrifice the rights they dont' care about in exchange for impossible promises and many believe themselves to be "special" and in no danger of losing what they are willing to take from others.

PsyOps

Pixelated
They are willing to sacrifice the rights they dont' care about in exchange for impossible promises and many believe themselves to be "special" and in no danger of losing what they are willing to take from others.

It all boils down to how our kids are being educated, both in our schools and at home. It's an insane thought to believe the adults of today that teaching our children would actually want ignore the lessons of the past.