Sheriffs Invade House for no reason

protectmd

So again I ask, why are you lying about the number of officers that showed up? Why don't you have the integrity to tell the truth?

It's people like you that cherrry pick information about incidents then try to make them something they are not. Yes, the cops did use abusive language and that should not and is not being tolerated. Other than that you are making an awful lot of assumptions as to who these people who the cops were dealing with are. I'll leave it up to those who actually do the job rather than those who sit on the side line and critique to determine what is the best way to do their job. In this case, their job was to lock this woman up! Mission accomplished. :yahoo:

Perhaps it wasn't "20" officers, but maybe 10, or 5. Looking out front, it appears that theres definately more than 2 or 3 there. Seems like overkill for a middle aged woman wanted on failing to pay a civil fine. You are clearly a skilled artist when it comes to using people's words to try and discredit them to make them seem like liars to make your argument seem more intelligent.

"People like me" cherry pick information. Are you referring to the general public or "common citizens." Perhaps you view "people like me" as "subjects" as if I am some sort of loyal subject to the crown. Your absolutely correct, people like me pick out information. Its my right, not to believe reports, clips and news articles that are put out, and to conduct a thorough investigation on my own to determine "what really happened." People like me more than often watch shows like "Cops" and "The first 48." I like watching "20/20" and "60 minutes" to watch shows that investigative reporters have put together to determine what the truth really is.

Perhaps you will "leave it up to them" and "not critique incidents." The one thing that I have learned from cops over the years is more than often they do not like to critique incidents. Nobody wants to admit they are wrong, to come clean and say "yeah we screwed up." Instead they like getting told by federal judge's in federal courts only after citizens file civil action to make them pay for their mistakes. You might hate this. You might hate the fact that citizens critique situations that us "common" citizens know nothing about. Well the reality is this. As a citizen, I have a right to know. I have the right to critique how police do their jobs. I have the right to vote for politicians that will appoint police leaders who will ensure the community is policed and handled in a certain way. I have a right to know how much is being paid out, how citizens are treated by those with law enforcement powers, a right to know what cops are doing, thats going to cost me as a taxpayer. I demand the right to know how many rogue idiots my jurisdiction has hired running wild with badges and guns, with lack of supervision, that is going to cost that jurisdiction dearly in federal court for their misbehavior. In this case, I like how the Sgt made sure his stripes were shown through the window on camera, it made him that much easier to identify for lawsuit purposes.

If someone came and treated my mother like that, i'd sue them back to the stone age. If they handcuffed and detained my brothers like that I would name everyone from the governor on down in the lawsuit. Can't find a lawyer? Thats ok, im sure the ACLU will pick up this one, it seems pretty tasty. I guess thats the problem with "people like me" is that we are always quick to sue. Well considering the fact thats the only thing that people understand nowadays is to hit them in their pocket book, even if it means that those cops won't get new cruisers or new hats next year.

You may not like "people like me" but sadly its "taxpayers like me" who do question how things are being run to ensure accountability. Its taxpayers like me who try to find out why my jurisdiction is paying out lawsuit settlements to victims of police misconduct instead of paying to hire and train better more civilized professional officers who respect the constitutional rights of "people like me."

You may not like the fact that I "monday morning quarterback" such incidents but the reality is that its people like me that ensure "people like you" have a job. Without people like me, its likely that the power would go straight to some individuals skulls and they would go wild on power trips "caning" people and handcuffing them for hours only to release them without being arrested. Its people like me that encourages the county commissioners or the governor to hire more cops, pay cops better salaries and encourage politiicans to get better equipment for those who do have to enforce the law. But its also people like me that seek to cut the funding for agencies that have gone rogue, that abuse their power, that perform shoddy police work and ignore crime. Its people like me that encourage the destruction of agency budgets that no longer operate as effective law enforcement agencies and encourage politicians to replace those individuals with some other sort of law enforcement entity.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I wonder if the sheriff would have disciplined the officers if there was no video?

Chris0nllyn

I wonder if the sheriff would have disciplined the officers if there was no video?

I wonder if the Sheriff would have even known about it...

Afterall, it'd be some civilians vs. 5+ cop's words, and the average prosecution rate of police is around 32%, and those are for "real" crimes.

protectmd

Sitting out front beating on the front door for 30+ minutes.

Let me guess, their cruisers were burning fuel and left running. Im watching tax dollars spew out of the exhaust pipes while the fools at the door rant and rave pounding their fists of rage against the wood. In Dekalb County, Ga. one could argue that police services would be better managed if they were assigned to patrol their area's, arrest criminals out breaking the law and investigating their violent crime offenses. With this county being a suburb of Atlanta, there is no shortage of violent crime as it spills over into the suburbs.

With that being said, police/sheriff resources would be better served hunting those out destroying the community, not pounding on doors of women who failed to pay a civil traffic fine. Its likely that someone picked this residence and this individual because they had some sort of vendetta against this woman and her family for previous complaints that were filed by her. I have a hard time stomaching that sheriffs and police are out serving warrants for civil citations when you have murderers, rapists, arsonists, auto thieves, burglars, robbers, and those with warrants for such crimes running loose but these law enforcement officers decided to screw with this lady. Maybe a law should be made that all felony warrants must be served before they can serve misdemeanor warrants against the citizens. Such a law would help law enforcement get their priorities straight.

Crime in DeKalb County, Georgia

This is the crime rate for Dekalb County, Ga.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Well, I guess that explains why the officers were in such a foul mood. Kinda doubt they signed up to be meter maids.

Doubt that. They were probably on the night shift anyway, ordered to carry out the task, and were hoping the "suspect" was some kind of white ass cracka, but if not, any kinda of 0130 cracka victim would do.....tase, cane, whatevah....

The DeKalb SO screwed up, big time, virally. Now they have to pay for incompetency and lack of discipline. From the sheriff on down.

itsrequired

Perhaps it wasn't "20" officers, but maybe 10, or 5.

So you still don't know the facts, but are trying to make assumptions. Why should you care about the facts. You are making the story up as you go along.

"People like me" cherry pick information.

I'm referring to you, and people like you. I would assume that you are a citizen. I'm not sure what a common citizen is since this is a democracy. I thought we were all equal. I see that you have a different view.

People like me more than often watch shows like "Cops" and "The first 48." I like watching "20/20" and "60 minutes" to watch shows that investigative reporters have put together to determine what the truth really is.

:killingme

If someone came and treated my mother like that, i'd sue them back to the stone age.

What did they do wrong to the mother? She was the one with the warrant correct?

You may not like "people like me" but sadly its "taxpayers like me" who do question how things are being run to ensure accountability.

I doubt anyone listens to people like you because you have already shown you lack credibility when you lied about the amount of officers on the scene.

Its taxpayers like me who try to find out why my jurisdiction is paying out lawsuit settlements to victims of police misconduct instead of paying to hire and train better more civilized professional officers who respect the constitutional rights of "people like me."

You must live in a bad jurisdiction. My advice. Move to a nicer place with more honest cops.

Its people like me that encourages the county commissioners or the governor to hire more cops, pay cops better salaries and encourage politiicans to get better equipment for those who do have to enforce the law. But its also people like me that seek to cut the funding for agencies that have gone rogue, that abuse their power, that perform shoddy police work and ignore crime. Its people like me that encourage the destruction of agency budgets that no longer operate as effective law enforcement agencies and encourage politicians to replace those individuals with some other sort of law enforcement entity.

I'm sure people listen to people like you....lol:bigwhoop: