Shew, I'd eat at this restaurant all the time

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

SamSpade

Unruly, wild kids, causing a ruckus? Oh absolutely. But some of the people they spoke to had other stories to tell.

Another unhappy customer and Google reviewer Kyle Landmann wrote, "The owner came out and told me he was adding $50 to my bill because of my children’s behavior. My kids watched a tablet until the food arrived, ate their food and my wife took them outside while I waited and paid the bill."
-------------------------------------------------

Another --

We were 3 adults, 2 children and our 4mo baby and since we entered to the place they gave us a bad look. Later my wife was rocking the baby (not crying, just to make him sleep) and this ‘manager’ told her that you don’t do that in a fancy restaurant.

That - and he charges money if you "share" your food. Another if you pay with a credit card as menu prices are for cash only - for a place that charges just under 40 bucks for a steak - who carries that much cash around? Management sounds like a real arsehole.

I looked up other sites - berating and bullying handicapped people arriving with service dogs, even after advertising they welcome them.

I don't place a lot of stock in Yelp reviews - because they're usually bad - but they can be informative. Sounds like the owner is an ass.

Grumpy

I don't place a lot of stock in Yelp reviews - because they're usually bad - but they can be informative. Sounds like the owner is an ass.

Anyone that goes on yelp to bitch is probably a bitch. Owners/managers typically go way out of their way to please customers and you're hearing one side of the story on yelp.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unruly, wild kids, causing a ruckus? Oh absolutely. But some of the people they spoke to had other stories to tell.

Another unhappy customer and Google reviewer Kyle Landmann wrote, "The owner came out and told me he was adding $50 to my bill because of my children’s behavior. My kids watched a tablet until the food arrived, ate their food and my wife took them outside while I waited and paid the bill."
-------------------------------------------------

Another --

We were 3 adults, 2 children and our 4mo baby and since we entered to the place they gave us a bad look. Later my wife was rocking the baby (not crying, just to make him sleep) and this ‘manager’ told her that you don’t do that in a fancy restaurant.

That - and he charges money if you "share" your food. Another if you pay with a credit card as menu prices are for cash only - for a place that charges just under 40 bucks for a steak - who carries that much cash around? Management sounds like a real arsehole.

I looked up other sites - berating and bullying handicapped people arriving with service dogs, even after advertising they welcome them.

People lie, though. They'll say, "Oh, they kicked us out because we're (insert demographic here)" when in fact they were kicked out for acting like aholes. Especially when it comes to their children, those types will lie their asses off. Guy rapes and murders a teenager and his mom is all "Mah boah a goot boah!"

I've always felt that children don't belong in a nice restaurant. Take them to Cracker Barrel or something. I had a friend who discouraged children in his upscale restaurant by simply not having a kiddie menu, then Mommy and Dad would come in and gripe because there were no chicken nuggets for little Edwina, which made her have a tantrum.

Get a sitter, people. :smack:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
People lie, though. They'll say, "Oh, they kicked us out because we're (insert demographic here)" when in fact they were kicked out for acting like aholes. Especially when it comes to their children, those types will lie their asses off. Guy rapes and murders a teenager and his mom is all "Mah boah a goot boah!"

I've always felt that children don't belong in a nice restaurant. Take them to Cracker Barrel or something. I had a friend who discouraged children in his upscale restaurant by simply not having a kiddie menu, then Mommy and Dad would come in and gripe because there were no chicken nuggets for little Edwina, which made her have a tantrum.

Get a sitter, people. :smack:
When chicklet was little, we would go early to eat around 5 and keep her occupied. Never any issue. Well, except for the time we were at Ruby Tuesday and waiting for a table. She was 3 and said she had a tummy ache. I told her she was hungry and we'd get her some crackers while we waited. She then barfed all over the waiting area floor. Her daddy promptly took her outside and I offered to clean it up. I was told no, go ahead and leave. Good times! :lol:

Grumpy

I had a friend who discouraged children in his upscale restaurant by simply not having a kiddie menu,:smack:
When we moved to Calvert, we tried Vera's with our 11 yr old and 6 yr old...No kiddie menu and we had to have 4 meals..I was a bit irritated by it but after thinking about it, they didn't want kids there..Lesson learned and no big deal to me. We never went back, no animosity, we learned it was just a restaurant that didn't cater to families, and they were clear about it. To each their own..:)

Reactions: rio

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When we moved to Calvert, we tried Vera's with our 11 yr old and 6 yr old...No kiddie menu and we had to have 4 meals..I was a bit irritated by it but after thinking about it, they didn't want kids there..Lesson learned and no big deal to me. We never went back, no animosity, we learned it was just a restaurant that didn't cater to families, and they were clear about it. To each their own..:)

See, that was me too. They don't want kids? Me either! :yahoo: We'd take them to like Golden Corral or whatever, but Lighthouse nights were date nights.