Should parents have to pay for their kids' weddings?

black dog

Free America
My dad offered up the same if we wanted to elope. My fiancé grabbed my hand looked at me with his baby blues and said, “This would be the one day that all of our friends and family stop what they are doing and acknowledge the love we have for each other. Money comes and goes. The memories would last forever.”

We invited 400 had 375 show up and memories that everyone still talks about 31 years later. I’m glad we did it.
Gag me with a spoon, you tell him its guys like him that make it hard on the rest of us....
Mic drop.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My fiancé grabbed my hand looked at me with his baby blues and said, “This would be the one day that all of our friends and family stop what they are doing and acknowledge the love we have for each other. Money comes and goes. The memories would last forever.”

He really said that?

Christy

b*tch rocket
My daughter would have preferred to elope or do a destination wedding, but the groom's side has a ton of family and they wanted the big wedding. I was skeptical on the big wedding, but I sure am glad we did it. It brought our families closer together and it was just an amazing day.

My daughter would have preferred to elope or do a destination wedding, but the groom's side has a ton of family and they wanted the big wedding. I was skeptical on the big wedding, but I sure am glad we did it. It brought our families closer together and it was just an amazing day.
That is the part many do not get. I married into a big family where every wedding, every birth, is a celebration and a welcoming of new family. Family weddings really are joyous days of celebration. This past weekend I attended a baby shower and we were discussing two weddings coming up this year. We reminisced about various family weddings and how each was unique to the couple. We treasure just as much the wedding in a cow barn as we did the wedding on the rolling 5000 Marriott acres in the hills of Virginia or the big city wedding in Phillie.

Christy

b*tch rocket
That is the part many do not get. I married into a big family where every wedding, every birth, is a celebration and a welcoming of new family. Family weddings really are joyous days of celebration. This past weekend I attended a baby shower and we were discussing two weddings coming up this year. We reminisced about various family weddings and how each was unique to the couple. We treasure just as much the wedding in a cow barn as we did the wedding on the rolling 5000 Marriott acres in the hills of Virginia or the big city wedding in Phillie.
Well I am now a convert. It was a very special day.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
... and memories that everyone still talks about 31 years later. I’m glad we did it.
Well..I do have memories that are still talked about all these years later. One of the grooms downed about 1/3 a bottle of Jack on the way to the church..best man was stoned out of his gourd...

:whistle:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We invited 100, and 100 came for the day, which did include some non-family important to me..
It was much harder for my side to keep it small, as we out number my wife's side about 10 to 1.

My mom organized family reunions. Her dad's side got the odd numbered years, her mom's the even numbered.
Last D'Orazio gathering about 15 years ago was over 700. Last Mastroianni the year after, over 1,000.

black dog

Free America

Oh we get it, all the men in your husbands family have manbuns....
Bastards.... All of them.

black dog

Free America
I bet her Husband could kick your little marine a$$.
I have met him.
Is that you KooKoo? Starting early again today you humorless douchébag....
What do you think that I've never had my ass kicked?
The fact that loosing doesn't change that I have no fear of of entering the fray again.