Sign on 235

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
aps45819 said:
I always wondered why the speed limit drops on the southbound side of Rt.5 in Charlotte Hall but not on the northbound side.
To give the drunks from Hill's Club more time to wander across the road.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Do I understand this correctly? That some woman let her dog out on 235 to potty, then left it there? Then someone else hit the dog? And the owner now thinks that people should slow down on 235? In case she gets another pet that she wants to let loose to run in the road???????

:slapshead:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
vraiblonde said:
Do I understand this correctly? That some woman let her dog out on 235 to potty, then left it there? Then someone else hit the dog? And the owner now thinks that people should slow down on 235? In case she gets another pet that she wants to let loose to run in the road???????

:slapshead:
She didn't say she was gioing to get another pet. I was just speculating based on the intellectual capacity I think she has...But she did say that people in the northbound lane on 235 should slow down.....

BS Gal said:
She didn't say she was gioing to get another pet. I was just speculating based on the intellectual capacity I think she has...But she did say that people in the northbound lane on 235 should slow down.....
That would give her animals a better chance to make it to the southbound lanes.

T

tikipirate

Ken King said:
Cuz is right, it's your duty to stop and try to locate the owner or call the cops. http://mlis.state.md.us/cgi-win/web_statutes.exe?gtr&20-106

Common sense has to weigh in, though. Stopping and getting out of the car during morning traffic on 235 would probably be very dangerous to the person who hit the dog as well as to oncoming traffic swerving to avoid them. Also, even the mildest-tempered dog can become vicious when injured.

Any lawmen on the board? What would be your recommendation in such a situation?

I would have stopped to help the poor dog and probably been bitten then mown down before I could get the chance to load him in the car.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
christy217 said:
I am a pet owner, and I would never ever, ever, ever, ever.....ever, let my dog out, in our FENCED yard, without keeping an eye on her, HELLO! There is a freakin highway out there, she needs to call the cops on herself for neglect, is there a law against that?...
Yes.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
tikipirate said:
Common sense has to weigh in, though. Stopping and getting out of the car during morning traffic on 235 would probably be very dangerous to the person who hit the dog as well as to oncoming traffic swerving to avoid them. Also, even the mildest-tempered dog can become vicious when injured.

Any lawmen on the board? What would be your recommendation in such a situation?

I would have stopped to help the poor dog and probably been bitten then mown down before I could get the chance to load him in the car.
Let's see 20-105 requires the driver to stop as near to the accident scene as possible without obstructing traffic more than necessary. 20-106 requires the driver to call police. There is no requirement to approach the injured animal or re-route traffic, seems like the common sense is built into these laws already (can't say the same for many of them but it looks like they have it covered here).