Skull Mexican Restaurant - PF

OldHillcrestGuy

Now I have to go to Huntingtown (or Waldorf) if I want Mexico. But I did go to the one in Huntingtown yesterday and they said they will be opening up a Mexico in Annapolis also.

Save your trip to Huntingtown or Waldorf, come to Mechcanicsville to Fiesta Cafe, was recently named number #1 Mexican place in the Washington area in somebody's poll.

molly_21

Save your trip to Huntingtown or Waldorf, come to Mechcanicsville to Fiesta Cafe, was recently named number #1 Mexican place in the Washington area in somebody's poll.

It was WTOP's poll a while back.

Personally, as much as I love Mexican food. I am not going to out of my way to Huntingtown (or Leonardtown or Mechanicsville) for a Mexican (or any type of food) unless I was bored, happened to be in the area, or I was meeting someone for dinner.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I've heard Mexico is great, but is it a family oriented restaurant, or more of a pub/bar restaurant? I usually go with my kids, is the reason I ask. How are their prices? The prices at La Toleteca are hard to beat and you get authentic tasting mexican food, and you get a lot of it.

We like Mexico a lot, the service is always great and the staff is very friendly. The food is really good there, now I'm craving it for dinner! We've been going there since we moved here over 3 years ago and have never had an issue. It's very family oriented, there are always tons of kids in there. Our little man is only 22 months old and we wouldn't bring him to a place that wasn't appropriate for kids.

The prices are pretty much the same as La Tolteca, as are the serving sizes. We like La Tolteca but we've been disappointed a couple times there. IMO, Mexico is more consistent.

Hazel

I had never even heard of La Tolteca, thanks for throwing that one out there. I'm a Salsa's fan over Mexico or Monterey's, but I get the same thing at any of the three anyway. Creature of habit...

guatesposa

Worst Mexican Ever at Skull!!!

This place is overpriced and bland at the least. We went there with some visiting relatives and were embarrassed to say we were going out to dinner. The dogs food at home would have been better. $75 later, they were hungry after Skull. The waiter didn't take any notes, instead got 3 of 4 orders wrong, and kept coming back asking questions. The fries in the over priced kids meal were still frozen in the middle. They were crinkle cut that tasted like something they bought at Safeway. The food had no flavor and the portions were overpriced and under served. Fajitas were well over $15 and they gave 4 shrimp on a platter. We will continue to go to Tolteca and hope this places crashes soon, just like our dinner!