Slow day

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
I had an electric that Christy gave me and it kicked the bucket. This one is really easy. It has 2 levels of rack so you can load it up. Propane so there is nothing to crap out on you in the middle of smoking a 16 pound turkey :mad:. You fire it up, drop the soaked chunks of wood (your choice) on the lava rock, set the tower on top and then just wait. You ahve to adjust the flame to get the dial to read in the "ideal" range and then go away. I check it periodically but that's it. My $50 corded meat thermometer cord broke so now I have to guess which sucks. I should have known anything with Martha Stewart on it would nto be good for the manly art of smoking meat.

Is this something I can set on my deck, or should it be in the yard away from the house?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
We should meet and go over my cost model. We can bounce thoughts off each other. I think I have everything fairly well covered and it is profitable. The iddue is most forclosure auctions are cash sale only payable that day. Who has that much money laying around? I found a couple sources that give you a bit of time.
Fun!! I'm down!!

Pete

Repete
Is this something I can set on my deck, or should it be in the yard away from the house?

On the deck, small footprint. It comes with a steel disk to go under it to catch ash if you have any. I haven't had any. After use I take the fire pan out and shake it in the yard and the ash from the smoking chips just falls out. I have mine on the deck with the temp gauge pointed at the door so I can see it from my recliner. :pete:

KDENISE977

Speakingof iPhones...does anyone else have battery issues? or battery LIFE issues? my iPhone 5 battery life is all over the place, it'll show 20% left and then down to 3%, then back to 30% in a matter of minutes when it's on the charger (usb to my pc)??? it's like that every day???

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
On the deck, small footprint. It comes with a steel disk to go under it to catch ash if you have any. I haven't had any. After use I take the fire pan out and shake it in the yard and the ash from the smoking chips just falls out. I have mine on the deck with the temp gauge pointed at the door so I can see it from my recliner. :pete:

:buddies: Thanks, looks like I am going shopping for a new smoker. :dance:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
Speakingof iPhones...does anyone else have battery issues? or battery LIFE issues? my iPhone 5 battery life is all over the place, it'll show 20% left and then down to 3%, then back to 30% in a matter of minutes when it's on the charger (usb to my pc)??? it's like that every day???

Do you close your apps when you are done? Do you turn the phone off?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I hate you Pete.

I have also spent countless hours watching those auctions in Florida and seriously considered the same thing. Now I am focusing in on places 8 1/2 hours away in & around Horry County. Of course, the deals are no where near as good in SC as they are in FL right now. Just this past week, I found a beautiful house that I have to just get off my mind. (well that was until I saw your post :mad: ) The couple is divorcing and selling their 2nd home in Horry County which is a 2000 square foot home, .8 miles from beach that can be accessed with a golf cart, 3 bedroooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 acre and includes all furnishings for just a tad under $100K. What gets me the most is the place is decorated exactly the way I would want it to be and I have had 2 dreams this week about that house. The real estate is crazy cheap in CoCo Beach right now but the area is so depressing and not my favorite part of Florida, and I think CoCo Beach is dirty. I like the Sarasota/Venice area the most. The auctions that have been rolling out on those shows are on that side of Florida which makes it very tempting. What concerns me is when times get tough, people don't spend for vacations and I want to know that I can financially pull it off without depending on renting it out to survive the venture. My mind get caught up in "what ifs" ... like what if the A/C goes out, what if the roof gets a leak, what if an appliance breaks, and I know I am gutless and making excuses. :ohwell:

After I finish my :coffee: I am off to do yard work so I can try once again to get my mind off that house I am in love with.

Pete

Repete

Mine is fine, always steady and it drains as expected. At work there is faint signal so it drains quicker searching. The GF's iPhone 5 is a battery freak. Always drains quick and the % is all over the place.

Pete

Repete
I hate you Pete.

I have also spent countless hours watching those auctions in Florida and seriously considered the same thing. Now I am focusing in on places 8 1/2 hours away in & around Horry County. Of course, the deals are no where near as good in SC as they are in FL right now. Just this past week, I found a beautiful house that I have to just get off my mind. (well that was until I saw your post :mad: ) The couple is divorcing and selling their 2nd home in Horry County which is a 2000 square foot home, .8 miles from beach that can be accessed with a golf cart, 3 bedroooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 acre and includes all furnishings for just a tad under $100K. What gets me the most is the place is decorated exactly the way I would want it to be and I have had 2 dreams this week about that house. The real estate is crazy cheap in CoCo Beach right now but the area is so depressing and not my favorite part of Florida, and I think CoCo Beach is dirty. I like the Sarasota/Venice area the most. The auctions that have been rolling out on those shows are on that side of Florida which makes it very tempting. What concerns me is when times get tough, people don't spend for vacations and I want to know that I can financially pull it off without depending on renting it out to survive the venture. My mind get caught up in "what ifs" ... like what if the A/C goes out, what if the roof gets a leak, what if an appliance breaks, and I know I am gutless and making excuses. :ohwell:

After I finish my :coffee: I am off to do yard work so I can try once again to get my mind off that house I am in love with.

I am a huge fan of the gulf side. Would not even consider the east coast of Florida. New Port Richey, Port Charlotte, New Port and Sarasota are my areas. I have 4 on my watch list and have financing available so I don't drain my savings. Tulia says that FL real estate is still 7-10% undervalued median, that means the stuff from auctions that most people cannot get to easily is even better.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I don't have those troubles. But I did figure out my problem. I called them yesterday to have them suspend service on the girls phone since it was lost. They suspended mine instead. :rolleyes:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I am a huge fan of the gulf side. Would not even consider the east coast of Florida. New Port Richey, Port Charlotte, New Port and Sarasota are my areas. I have 4 on my watch list and have financing available so I don't drain my savings. Tulia says that FL real estate is still 7-10% undervalued median, that means the stuff from auctions that most people cannot get to easily is even better.

Those are the areas I have been focused on as well. You cannot beat the area. If you get bored with one beach, another is a quick drive away.

My grandparents lived in Sarasota for 12 years and it wasn't that long ago I came across their place listed on the market for sale. It sold for a mere $3000 but the HOA was $500 and something per month for the pool and crap, hardly worth it when you are not far from sticking your piggies in the sand. They sold that place back in the late 80's for $40K+. It looked the same inside.... EXACTLY the same. It would have been cool though to own the house my grandparents had there which was the only attachment I felt to the property. It went very quickly within 48 hours of being listed.

Yep, I am very familiar with the undervalued median on the gulf coast side. It is all very tempting.

I am hooked on watching "Buying the Bayou" and although I would never live on the Bayou, I am amazed at how people go into a house and get stuck on cosmetics. Typically the woman gets her way whenever it is couple purchases until one show last week where I was happy to see the guy got his way. If she had her way, she would have picked the house where the bulkhead??? (I think that is the name of it but it keeps the water from coming up on the property) was damage just to get the house paint colors she wanted. Like paint cost more than a bulkhead. :doh:

I've actually been focused in on houses not on the water but close or with access. I want some sort of buffer between the beach and house and am even happy with a short drive. I have also noticed beach front homes are typically hideous unless you go high-dollar.