SMC schools dismissing 2 hours early tomorrow

gemma_rae

I've already started a pot of beef stew. If the power goes out, we'll still eat good!
Oh shucks, forgot about the power.

Please baby Jesus, don't let the power go out! I hate warm beer.
ricky GIF

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh shucks, forgot about the power.

Please baby Jesus, don't let the power go out! I hate warm beer.
ricky GIF
I'll just take the crock out and put it on top of the woodstove in the shop. I'd say there is a pretty good chance we'll lose power at some point.

3CATSAILOR

We close schools on account of rain now?

:twitch:
They close schools on sunny days too. I remember when I was sitting in a classroom sweating to death. We had windows open with no AC. In today's World of children, if they aren't lkept perfectly comfortable, they are sent home.

Apparently schools close early on a "perception" of what they "assume" or"think" may occur with their Crystal Ball. I don't want to ask them what the Power Ball numbers are though. Because even with their assumption ability and their wonderful ability to "think" things through as well as their Crystal Ball, I suspect they will still be wrong. Maybe all of the kids on St. George's Island might get their feet wet.

My Brother in Law said the St. Mary's County School system text him YESTERDAY that schools will be closing two hours early today. Of coruse to any of the "doubters" out there, they will say it is all necessary to "air on the side of caution".

NOTSMC

They close schools on sunny days too. I remember when I was sitting in a classroom sweating to death. We had windows open with no AC. In today's World of children, if they aren't lkept perfectly comfortable, they are sent home.

Apparently schools close early on a "perception" of what they "assume" or"think" may occur with their Crystal Ball. I don't want to ask them what the Power Ball numbers are though. Because even with their assumption ability and their wonderful ability to "think" things through as well as their Crystal Ball, I suspect they will still be wrong. Maybe all of the kids on St. George's Island might get their feet wet.

My Brother in Law said the St. Mary's County School system text him YESTERDAY that schools will be closing two hours early today. Of coruse to any of the "doubters" out there, they will say it is all necessary to "air on the side of caution".
It's actually err on the side of caution, not air. Apologies in advance, I don't mean that to sound insulting, I mostly like your posts most of the time...just thought you might like to know for future reference. :flowers:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thankfully most of our worrisome trees are on the northern side of the house. I did go out and get 15 gallons of non-ethanol gas for the generator at lunchtime. Mommy Dearest has an oxygen machine to keep running.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I've already started a pot of beef stew. If the power goes out, we'll still eat good!
I have a pot of chicken soup on the stove now.

I was out on the roads at 5 a.m. and on the way home by 9 a.m. for my husband to have a medical procedure. The roads were already starting to flood in spots between Brandywine and Mechanicsville.

tuffenuff2

Kinda like the area around where Chaptico Creek crosses Mechanicsville-Chaptico Road?

The School Bus drove through it through the seventies, eighties and nineties, that I know of.
At the Post office and down by Christ church.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well, we dodged that bullet. Tide peaked at 4.25' here around the island. The predicted 4.9 would have been a bigger problem...and three of our buildings are right at 5'.

Last edited:

curly-locks

I just noticed that a peak tide will occur around 1PM today and then recede to a low around 5PM before really going crazy. So yeah..let the kids out early right at a peak tide.... The 1PM peak today will result in some island road flooding at the usual lowest spots.

Wind and rain are probably a big concern elsewhere in the county...
"They" don't have tide skills lol