Smeco Savings Program

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Did anyone else get notified of their qualification for the $100 or $150 rebate from SMECO?

I keep getting the emails for:

Congratulations on Saving! Keep Your Energy Savings Going!​

Congratulations on surpassing your Level 1 energy savings target and reaching your Level 2 target in the My Energy Target challenge. You were part of the 37% of customer-members that achieved a Tier 2 target. Great job!

2,249 kWh​
350 kWh​
710 kWh​
Savings to date*Target for $100Target for $150
To unlock your My Energy Target challenge check, tell us about your energy-saving experience in this short survey. You'll receive your $150 check in the mail in 6–8 weeks.

... And after filling the damn thing out three times now, I'm still getting notified like I haven't done it.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I did, filled it out, last year, too. Got a check for $100.
I have not really done anything. Both the wife and I have disabilities.
I told SMECO that we use, what we use.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I did, filled it out, last year, too. Got a check for $100.
I have not really done anything. Both the wife and I have disabilities.
I told SMECO that we use, what we use.
I'm hoping it's legit but I'm about to call them and ask "How many ####ing times do I have to fill it out before they stop sending surveys and send the check?"

DaSDGuy

The wheels are turning so fast in my meter I need to ask them if they have a water cooled version.

rio

:sshrug: Never got anything like that, just the monthly "Here's how you compare to your neighbor", and the weekly "You used x% less this week!!"
I'm still trying to figure out why mine keeps saying I use so much more than my neighbors when I don't use heat/air half as much as they do and not a lot of computer usage, etc..etc... and they've told me what their bills are and I know mine are less. Maybe SMECO is talking about my Siberian neighbors, not the ones in my hood.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm still trying to figure out why mine keeps saying I use so much more than my neighbors when I don't use heat/air half as much as they do and not a lot of computer usage, etc..etc... and they've told me what their bills are and I know mine are less. Maybe SMECO is talking about my Siberian neighbors, not the ones in my hood.
Walk around outside and see if you run across an errant extension cord tracking to your neighbors new Tesla.

rio

Walk around outside and see if you run across an errant extension cord tracking to your neighbors new Tesla.
That would be one hella extension cord since there's about 2 acres of land between us😁

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Maybe you have less insulation? That's a big factor. Also, little 'vampire' devices add up to a lot of usage.

rio

Maybe you have less insulation? That's a big factor. Also, little 'vampire' devices add up to a lot of usage.
We all had the same builder, so doubt it. Plus, my neighbors and I have compared bills. Mine is always less. I figure SMECO just wants me to sign up to get their smart controls and price controlled billing. 🤷‍♀️
It just annoys me that SMECO spends all that money to send those notices. I'd rather they just charge me less per month!

SamSpade

Honestly - I don't know how comparably sized homes use so damned little. I can't think of anything beside the hot water and furnace that uses so damned much.

ALMOST considering one of those whole home monitors.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm hoping it's legit but I'm about to call them and ask "How many ####ing times do I have to fill it out before they stop sending surveys and send the check?"
On their "You used more than your more efficient neighbors" thinigie.
I asked if they were comparing us to the neighbors with solar, no answer.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
On their "You used more than your more efficient neighbors" thinigie.
I asked if they were comparing us to the neighbors with solar, no answer.
My wife said I should have asked if they were comparing us to the nearby "Townhome" developments, too.

SamSpade

Now I have to admit - I do think I pay a LOT more for electric, than most. We have no natural gas and we have no oil and we have a well (meaning, electric heat, electric pump, electric pressure tank). For a house 3000+ sq ft, we do pay just under 500/month with the new increases.

REALLY thought with all the repairs and added insulation - the costs would be reasonable. I'm guessing we simply MUST have wasted electric SOMEWHERE. I just don't know what, yet. I'm this close to buying one of those whole home monitor kits, JUST to find out where the money's going.

Now I have to admit - I do think I pay a LOT more for electric, than most. We have no natural gas and we have no oil and we have a well (meaning, electric heat, electric pump, electric pressure tank). For a house 3000+ sq ft, we do pay just under 500/month with the new increases.

REALLY thought with all the repairs and added insulation - the costs would be reasonable. I'm guessing we simply MUST have wasted electric SOMEWHERE. I just don't know what, yet. I'm this close to buying one of those whole home monitor kits, JUST to find out where the money's going.
I don't think you are paying a lot more than most for the sq footage you have You've mentioned often that you have a lot of electronics constantly on as well as other things you know are a constant draw on your electricity. I pay as much and live similarly. 1 1/2 ago we reinsulated the crawl space and attic so before that I was paying more. BTW we are all electric for heat too.

mitzi

Me too.

softtouch

I have never gotten offers of $100 or told I use more power than my neighbors.
Replacing my heat pump in 2010 made a big difference in my power consumption.
All electric brick 1442 sf house, built in 1977.

Attachments

• Smeco Chart.jpg
    Smeco Chart.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 36