SMHA Sunday...

devinej

not me, i'm going trail riding, but have fuN!

oh yeah.. last year saturday i did jumpers with that sparkle pony and oh my gawd it was like 104 degrees...we were soaked. was that the day i sweated through 2 number cards? LOL

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
not me, i'm going trail riding, but have fuN!

oh yeah.. last year saturday i did jumpers with that sparkle pony and oh my gawd it was like 104 degrees...we were soaked. was that the day i sweated through 2 number cards? LOL

Yeah, I came up and photographed for you and then that big storm came through and we "grilled" out at FrmGrl's camper. :)

eventertblover

we'll be there.
we went today and played jumpers. and kicked so toosh.

early morning in the trailer:
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t219/MPequestrian09/_MG_5382.jpg

"my family" [minus the dog but were bringing her tomorrow]:
_MG_5406.jpg

my two favorte boys:
_MG_5411.jpg

thats my fierce game face
_MG_5459.jpg

tiny fences:
_MG_5477.jpg

_MG_5479.jpg

buck
_MG_5570.jpg

we came into this fence at a dead gallop. i was in no way in control at this point. thus leaving us the superman look.
_MG_5618.jpg

Sparks

Did anyone see the horse go down in the schooling hunter? It was quite scary! :yikes: I was SO HAPPY to see him finally get up on his own.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I went home before the schooling hunter class.

I crashed around 4 pm for a nap.

I am SO proud of my Red man for us getting a 4th in our jumping class.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Did anyone see the horse go down in the schooling hunter? It was quite scary! :yikes: I was SO HAPPY to see him finally get up on his own.

Yeah, I was waiting for my round, it was scary. (He was having seizures.) Hopefully all is well for the future for him. My dog has seizures and is on phenobarbitol...but that's quite different from a horse! Hopefully this was a one off and that he's okay.

Some riders who were supposed to go after that horse, but before me left the area between the rings so I had to go early and we were so not awake! Our second round was great though so I called it a day.

There was a slight delay when a strom blew through later and there was a double rainbow of the S barns. :)

Sparks

gosh that does sound scary!! what happened?

I think she had just finished a course and was exiting the ring. I didn't see him go down but I looked up and saw him rolling around and trying to get up but he just couldn't. They gave him banamine and kept him cool and still on the ground for a while, maybe 10 min or so. Then they asked him to get up and he did.

God, I thought the worst when I saw him down. Poor guy.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Yeah, he just stiffened up and started to fall, his rider fell off and then he fell and sort of rolled on top of her. He sort of got up and fell again maybe two more times. People ran in and kept him down, people ran for banamine, towels and water buckets. They also got him untacked quickly. Another person was on the phone to the vet and the announcer called for EMTs immediately it was handled very quickly and I think everyone did a great job, but there were alot of people playing spectator and that kind of pissed me off a bit. Luckily the horse didn't seem to be aggravated by all of the extra people. And he was able to get up on his own and walked back.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Yeah, he just stiffened up and started to fall, his rider fell off and then he fell and sort of rolled on top of her. He sort of got up and fell again maybe two more times. People ran in and kept him down, people ran for banamine, towels and water buckets. They also got him untacked quickly. Another person was on the phone to the vet and the announcer called for EMTs immediately it was handled very quickly and I think everyone did a great job, but there were alot of people playing spectator and that kind of pissed me off a bit. Luckily the horse didn't seem to be aggravated by all of the extra people. And he was able to get up on his own and walked back.

That is good that it was handled so quickly. I am sure the rider was pretty upset about it happening.

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!
we'll be there.
we went today and played jumpers. and kicked so toosh.

early morning in the trailer:
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t219/MPequestrian09/_MG_5382.jpg

"my family" [minus the dog but were bringing her tomorrow]:
_MG_5406.jpg

my two favorte boys:
_MG_5411.jpg

thats my fierce game face
_MG_5459.jpg

tiny fences:
_MG_5477.jpg

_MG_5479.jpg

buck
_MG_5570.jpg

we came into this fence at a dead gallop. i was in no way in control at this point. thus leaving us the superman look.
_MG_5618.jpg

You parked your trailer right next to ours!! I was the girl riding the grey....crazy! :howdy:

SayDLvr01

Bubbalicious!

Yes!!! We had just finished our first pleasure flat class in ring 2 and were waiting to start the second one and i was walking right by when it happend...I was so scared!! I had trouble paying attention to my class once it started...I was sooo glad to see he finally got up. It was so scary

FrmGrl

Get some!
Yeah, I came up and photographed for you and then that big storm came through and we "grilled" out at FrmGrl's camper. :)
Oh yeah I remember that. I miss camping out at the shows!! Going to Bobby's show this Sunday. It will be over by noon before heat sets in I hope.

Last edited: