Smokey Joe’s Restaurant Closes Their Doors in Lexington Park, and Reopens in Leonardtown

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hate to say it but Mission is the only decent BBQ in SoMD. Yes, a chain. That's what the area has sunk to.

And it's not hard. I can turn out killer BBQ. Vince turns out killer BBQ. Pete makes some of the best ribs I've ever had and his pork butt is TDF. There are a number of competition BBQ folks in the area who knock it out of the park. So what's the problem with these restaurants not being able to smoke a freaking chunk of meat properly??

frequentflier

happy to be living
I hate to say it but Mission is the only decent BBQ in SoMD. Yes, a chain. That's what the area has sunk to.

And it's not hard. I can turn out killer BBQ. Vince turns out killer BBQ. Pete makes some of the best ribs I've ever had and his pork butt is TDF. There are a number of competition BBQ folks in the area who knock it out of the park. So what's the problem with these restaurants not being able to smoke a freaking chunk of meat properly??
Many may disagree with me but I love Boomerangs. Locally owned, too.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

The Brisket is my all time fav.

black dog

Free America
I like Boomerang's ribs (and food in general) but I wouldn't call them a BBQ joint. Their chili is really good, and it's rare for restaurant chili to be worth a damn.

We enjoyed Bear Creek right up to the fire...... You could get a rare beef there,,,,, right up to the fire... New building,,, no more hot rare beef, all cooked before hand.... And I never liked that they didn't take credit cards.....
Smokey Joes beef was always cooked before hand, no rare beef......

For ribs I'm heading to Adams in Eastport, or Corner Stable in Cockeysville and for Pit beef either Bayside Bull in Edgewater or Bull on the Beach on the OC boardwalk... With all of them being in business for decades, you know you are going to get a great meal.....

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I guess I always think of them as a BBQ rib joint because that's usually all I usually get there :lol:
My lovely daughter cooked ribs in the oven today (shudder). Actually they were edible, but I like ribs so smokey that your lips start to get numb. I still complimented her. She said she'll treat me to Boomerangs for lunch one day soon.
:dance:

phreddyp

I guess I always think of them as a BBQ rib joint because that's usually all I usually get there :lol:
Too bad for you :eek: the breaded haddock is great , burgers are good too , fried chicken is Thursday nights special , soups are award winning, pork BBQ is good especially with their homemade cole slaw. Don't pass on the desserts made by Blanch made from scratch onsite.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Too bad for you :eek: the breaded haddock is great , burgers are good too , fried chicken is Thursday nights special , soups are award winning, pork BBQ is good especially with their homemade cole slaw. Don't pass on the desserts made by Blanch made from scratch onsite.
Their soups and burgers are great as is their coleslaw and potato salad. Even their breakfast menu was good though I only made it there once before closing. Dessert is rarely an option even though I am sure they are awesome.
I am definitely partial to the ribs, though. And I wouldn't say it's a bad thing....

luvmygdaughters

Boomerangs, for some reason has been hit or miss, in my opinion. Used to be one of my favorites for ribs and pulled pork. Haven't been back in a while. The last time I was there (may have been almost a year ago) it was awful. My daughter and granddaughter went there for carry out a couple of weeks ago and said the ribs were the best they've had in a while. I guess I'll have to give them another try!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I was hoping to show off how well one of my whole pigs comes out, last weekend. Will try for the 4th of July weekend instead...

glhs837

Power with Control
"forced"?

How, in what way?

I'll take "Whats a lack of paying customers, for $500, Alex".

I think, to speak to Vrais question, it's about consistent performance. When SJs was on it's game, it was better than Mission. But it was not there as often in Mission is. And it seemed to be less so in L-town. I'll take a 98% change of getting 95% quality food over a 60/40% chance of getting a %100 quality meal.

Toxick

Splat
Many may disagree with me but I love Boomerangs. Locally owned, too.

I used to love Boomerangs. It was in my family's rotation, and we'd hit it about twice a month.

Suddenly, out of the blue, for no reason that I was aware of, they started sucking. I hope they're back on their game.