Smoking? Chantix really works

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yep, I had it when watching TV. Had to light one up. Put the ash trays away, you won't need them anymore. And you will find other ways to fill your evenings. Reading more. You'll get things done around the house you didn't used to get done. :lol: Believe me the cravings will pass. Like I said, it's the second hardest thing I've ever gone through in my life, but you'll get through it if you've gone this far and I didn't have Chantix to help me.

The only ashtray I have is outside on the balcony. COLD is also a big deterrent. :lmao:

joanneparker

It worked for me too. Over 2 months now. I haven't put on any weight either. My insurance paid 100%. I do think there are some negative side effects but they're worth it.

i quit smoking for 4 yrs. 5 months ago i moved and being by myself and not knowing a lot of people the 1st thing i did was go to my old friend the smoke...i did just puechases chantex but i am afraid of side effects i am 65 and i take meds. now but the dr.did give me a rx for them.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
FDA Issues Public Health Advisory on Chantix

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today issued a Public Health Advisory to alert health care providers, patients, and caregivers to new safety warnings concerning Chantix (varenicline), a prescription medication used to help patients stop smoking."

FDA Issues Public Health Advisory on Chantix

bcp

In My Opinion
amazingly enough, I remember trying to warn people that were going to try chantix about these very same things.

Ive been off the chantix since december 12 and I am still not back to my normal pre chantix self.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I HAVEN'T NOTICED ANY DIFFERENCE IN MY BEHAVIOR.

EXCEPT NOT SLEEPING

AND FOLLOWING THAT GUY HOME THAT CUT ME OFF
BUT THAT WAS ONLY THE ONE TIME

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
So, you're basically feeling the same as you were before?

:lol: pretty much, haven't had a smoke for 3 weeks.
Took the Chantix as prescribed for about 3 weeks, (quit smoking after two), then went back to one pill a day for about a week, then started doing a half pill a day for a few days

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria

Attachments

• loon_that hurt.jpg
    loon_that hurt.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 72
T

Toreadoralpha

Just got a script from my doc today for Chantix. I hope this works. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've been dealing with pnuemonia for over a month now, and my voice is toast.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I had to go to the Dr. for tendonitis and I asked about my taking CHANTIX. I was told I couldn't take it because I take DILANTIN a.k.a. PHENYTOIN for seizure disorder. So, I have to find a different method. I was hoping my nicotine addiction could have been irradicated with a simple pill, but I'll have to do it the hard way, I guess. :-\

kteugene

Trying to Quit

I'm new to Southern Maryland Comm. Forums. Found this site looking up information about chantix. Needed some help last night. I started chantix on Feb 22 and by yesterday was still smoking but not half as much as I was. I guess I wanted it to be a miracle drug that after day 7 I would try to smoke and would hate it and without any work on my part would never smoke again. Ha!! What was I thinking. Well today I'm doing the work and I'm trying my best to make it a smoke free day.
You all seem to be doing it I want to get there.
Thanks for listening.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I smoked for 3 weeks after starting Chantix. Just kind of gradualy tapered off and when I realized the only reason I was still smoking 1 or 2 a day was that I had cigs, I gave away my last couple of packs.
Over a year now :yay:

TotalEclipse31

I know a few people that have gotten sick from using chantix. They had to stop taking it. I always wanted to try it, but have heard horror stories.

I just said "ok, I'm done" and haven't had a smoke since +/- 4:00 on 2/8. No pills, not gum, no stickers.

kteugene

Needing some support

Anyone willing to chat with me daily for a while until I get some months under my belt not smoking?