• Anyone got a light?

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
crabcake said:
Yea, well black goes with everything! :neener:
If I had to name that color, like if I worked for a paint company or something, I'd call it "gangrene". :yay:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Nickel said:
If I had to name that color, like if I worked for a paint company or something, I'd call it "gangrene". :yay:
Well green goes with red ... what with Christmas approaching and all. :shrug: :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I have set my quit date for this Monday. I am going to call the dr. about drugs to help. I have to go out to California and deal with my dad dying of lung cancer. I CAN NOT smoke out there cause it will hurt my mom too much. Wish me luck. I've smoked for 30 years.

MMDad

Lem Putt
There should be a "both" choice. First I gave up dipping. That was about 1,000 times harder than quitting smoking. Smoking was a habit after that. But I do understand how someone could be addicted, since getting off of dip was definitely kicking an addiction.

sockgirl77

BS Gal said:
I have set my quit date for this Monday. I am going to call the dr. about drugs to help. I have to go out to California and deal with my dad dying of lung cancer. I CAN NOT smoke out there cause it will hurt my mom too much. Wish me luck. I've smoked for 30 years.
Best Wishes. Good Luck~~~:yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
sockgirl77 said:
MMDad said:
dipping QUOTE]
:barf:

You are correct. It was nasty. I remember being on watch at 2 AM with a dip in my mouth, a cig in one hand, and a cup of cofee in the other hand. It took a lip biopsy to make me quit, but it's been 15 years and I will never start back up.

MMDad

Lem Putt
BS Gal said:

Good luck! I know you are in a stressful time, and that can make it very hard. If you can make it through your visit without a smoke, it will all be downhill from there.

If they give you Zyban, make sure you have Benadryl on hand. I had a bad reaction with hives all over my body. I never knew itching could hurt so bad.

T

Topper

Good luck, BS Gal. My stepfather used perscription drugs to help him quit, and he was successful for a few years. He has occasional relaps, but has been able to least cut back dramatically. You are a good daughter to help your parents at this difficult time, and perhaps medications from the doctor will help you get through.

All our best, Topper

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Topper said:
Good luck, BS Gal. My stepfather used perscription drugs to help him quit, and he was successful for a few years. He has occasional relaps, but has been able to least cut back dramatically. You are a good daughter to help your parents at this difficult time, and perhaps medications from the doctor will help you get through.

All our best, Topper
I have not quit. Have an appointment with the dr. tomorrow.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Heard a story on the news the other night about Varenicline, it is supposed to be more effective in killing the urge, but I am unsure if it is beyond clinical testing.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
vraiblonde said:
Because it might...what? Kill you?

:killingme
:lol: Speaking of which, who else is waiting to see if the Lasik surgery makes people's eyeballs fall out when they hit the 30 year mark? :howdy:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
MMDad said:
I remember being on watch at 2 AM with a dip in my mouth, a cig in one hand, and a cup of cofee in the other hand.
"Nicotine in stereo" is what we used to call this.

I smoked and dipped for 16 years and I tried the patch and the gum, finally I used Zyban and have not had the desire to smoke or chew for over 3 years. I think that a strong support network helps also. Both of my grandmothers died from lung cancer. One in 1993 and the other this year. Watching a person die from lung cancer should be enough to scare you off the sticks.