Smoking...

Do You Smoke?

• Total voters

BuddyLee

Football addict
StarCat said:
Me too, i wish it was easy. I've tried and failed miserably, a bunch of times. The only time I have been able to quit for a substantial amount of time, is both times that i was pregnant.
No such thing as 'try' Slick.:wink:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
BuddyLee said:
I don't smoke but my parents do so you might as well say I smoke.
:lol: My parents smoke too, but you'd never know it by going into their house. They either smoke outside or in the kitchen, blowing their smoke into the vent above the stove.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Nickel said:
:lol: My parents smoke too, but you'd never know it by going into their house. They either smoke outside or in the kitchen, blowing their smoke into the vent above the stove.
I'm sure you've tried a million things to try to get them to quit too.:lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
BuddyLee said:
I'm sure you've tried a million things to try to get them to quit too.:lol:
My mom is a lot of the reason that I don't smoke...she has tried and failed many many times to quit smoking. It seems like every time she "quits", something stressful pops up, and she can't help but start back up again. Maybe I'll buy her some Nicorette for Christmas....she's too pretty to get all smoker-chic when she gets old. :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Nickel said:
My mom is a lot of the reason that I don't smoke...she has tried and failed many many times to quit smoking. It seems like every time she "quits", something stressful pops up, and she can't help but start back up again. Maybe I'll buy her some Nicorette for Christmas....she's too pretty to get all smoker-chic when she gets old. :lol:
The worst is waking up to them coughing up a lung.:ohwell:

I always out-debate my Momma on the subject and she agree's with me but she still lights up.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
BuddyLee said:
The worst is waking up to them coughing up a lung.:ohwell:
They aren't that bad. My mom really doesn't smoke that much now that I think about it. She's a preschool teacher, and doesn't smoke at all when she's at work, and she never smokes in the car. So she has one in the morning, I guess one when she gets home, one after dinner, and one before bed. I'm sure she smokes more than that, but that's all I've noticed. :shrug:

Steve

Enjoying life!
I think the whole smoking thing is way over-hyped by the media though. We all do plenty of things that are not good for us, like drinking alcohol, eating fast food, not enough sleep, very little exercise, over-medicated, under-relaxed. When I was a kid (70's), almost 60% of Americans smoked at least occassionally. I'm not defending smoking, but we slowly kill ourselves with a plethora of things, but smoking is singled out as the scapegoat for all of our ills. And all the sheeple buy into it.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Steve said:
So does black-eyed peas boiling for hours. Maybe they should be outlawed.
I second the motion to ban black eyed peas, or at least tax them to the point of extinction. :shrug: PEEEE UUUUUU. :barf:

Steve

Enjoying life!
Christy said:
I second the motion to ban black eyed peas, or at least tax them to the point of extinction. :shrug: PEEEE UUUUUU. :barf:
Bill got to cook those once.....ONCE.

We were still in the ghetto and I think even the neighbors complained. :roflmao:

Steve

Enjoying life!
BuddyLee said:
But those don't have thousands of poisonous chemicals in them.:razz:
They are a poisonous chemical unto themselves, TYVM! Remember, castor beans become Ricin....'nuff said.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I went to the dr. last week cause I was not feeling well. Got antibiotics and an inhaler for wheezing. I didn't have the nerve to ask whether I should use the inhaler BEFORE or AFTER my ciggy. Lung x-ray came back fine but white blood cells are low. That is a given with a viral infection, they say. How sad is that? I need to quit.

Christy

b*tch rocket
BS Gal said:
I went to the dr. last week cause I was not feeling well. Got antibiotics and an inhaler for wheezing. I didn't have the nerve to ask whether I should use the inhaler BEFORE or AFTER my ciggy. Lung x-ray came back fine but white blood cells are low. That is a given with a viral infection, they say. How sad is that? I need to quit.
You'll quit when you quit. :shrug: I didn't expect to quit really, I was just appeasing my doctor by pretending to want to quit and he gave me a prescription for Zyban. :lol:

Zyban sucks and made me all weird, but it worked. :yay: BUT, I think it worked because I didn't have myself all spun up fretting quitting, because I really wasn't going to quit, just go through the motions. I think the combination of the Zyban and not getting myself all spun up about not smoking was the magic combination. :shrug:

I have zero desire for cigarettes anymore, but will smoke the hell out of a good cigar. :wink:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steve said:
They are a poisonous chemical unto themselves, TYVM! Remember, castor beans become Ricin....'nuff said.
You must first extract that from the bean and honestly, how many actually do this compared to the number of those who smoke? I don't see smokers extracting anything from an individual cigarette besides nicotine and cancer.