Smow storm named Pax

Jeter3000

milk sandwich.jpg

RPMDAD

I agree, we have gone from naming hurricanes, to snow storms, so i guess every spring and summer shower this year will have a name. I think were going to need a bigger alphabet. Everyone lookout sprinkle storm alpha is going to hit today drizzle predicted in 20 % of the area. Gotta love the weather service trying to terrorize Americans.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I agree, we have gone from naming hurricanes, to snow storms, so i guess every spring and summer shower this year will have a name. I think were going to need a bigger alphabet. Everyone lookout sprinkle storm alpha is going to hit today drizzle predicted in 20 % of the area. Gotta love the weather service trying to terrorize Americans.

There is no official naming system by the national weather service for anything other than hurricanes

mamatutu

mama to two
I remember the named/unnamed storm issue from Hurricane Irene and insurance payouts, especially with Allstate. We had no issue with State Farm and had our roof replaced after a 50 ft hickory came out of nowhere from the woods and clobbered our house.

"Although naming storms seems to provide several benefits, the Weather Channel failed to discuss what impact this practice might have on people’s insurance policies.

If you have read your policy, you have probably noticed that there are several deductibles. One of those deductibles is probably the “Named Storm” deductible, which is typically higher—between 2% and 5% of your policy limits—than your standard deducible. Now that the Weather Channel will be naming winter storms, will any future claims caused by a named winter storm be subjected to the higher deductible?"

More...

The Weather Channel is Naming Winter Storms. Will that Affect Your Deductible? : Property Insurance Coverage Law Blog

MarieB

A storm named after our base might be an omen for us. Time will tell whether or not it will be a good omen, or bad.

I mentioned that in the other thread

When I saw the storm name days ago, it seemed ominous to me.

It's not like it's John or Pete :biggrin:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
If your insurance companies policy changes based on whether a storm is named or not then you need a new insurance company. Besides iirc the issue was not the name but whether or not the affected customer was in the hurricane zone or the tropical storm zone. That can affect your deductible.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Silly question, I guess, but since when is "Pax" even a valid pronoun like "Patrick," "Paul," "Peter," or even "Pythagoras?" What kind of a warped parent would name any kid "Pax?"