Smow?

Grumpy

Wunderground -

Friday - 1 to 3
Friday night - 8 to 12
Saturday - 5 to 8
Saturday night - 3 to 5
Sunday - 1

So does this mean over the entirety of the storm, we are going to get 18 to 29 inches of snow?

Chris0nllyn

Wunderground -

Friday - 1 to 3
Friday night - 8 to 12
Saturday - 5 to 8
Saturday night - 3 to 5
Sunday - 1

So does this mean over the entirety of the storm, we are going to get 18 to 29 inches of snow?

That's what preliminary numbers say. It really depends which way it tracks. Farther north and we'll get a few hour period of rain in somd which will bring snowfall totals down. If it tracks south and out toward the ocean, we could see more snow.

Either way, we're getting a good amount, and probably the most snow in a single event since the big back to back storms back in 2010.

Wunderground -

Friday - 1 to 3
Friday night - 8 to 12
Saturday - 5 to 8
Saturday night - 3 to 5
Sunday - 1

Overall, maybe. Reality, it will pack a bit over time and if it rains, compress and melt some. I think 12" is what we might actually see if it doesn't peter out like most of our forecasts.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I can't believe they are naming smow events now.

Been doing that for over three years. I wonder if The Weather Channel is "a recognized meteorological authority", if so it might impact peoples homeowners policy deductibles.

lovinmaryland

I can't believe they are naming smow events now.

If its a named storm then insurance companies who have a separate deductible amount for named storms use those. Just an fyi. Companies that have named storm deductibles range from 2%-10% of what your home is insured for.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Thanks! Now everyone and their sister will be at the store....oh look at that they already are!.....im in walmart not by choice...9 Registers open lines look like the day before christmas.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Is that the same for car insurance? Reason i ask is hubby didnt get around to trimming some trees this summer and im worried if they fall they might damage my car.

lovinmaryland

Is that the same for car insurance? Reason i ask is hubby didnt get around to trimming some trees this summer and im worried if they fall they might damage my car.

No your standard deductible will apply for your car. If a tree falls on your car that would be considered a comprehensive claim so whatever your deductible is for that is what would apply in that situation.

A lot of people are surprised when we have a hurricane or named storm and their insurance company has that named storm deductible and their deductible is closer to 10k vs their standard 1k or 2k.

The forecaster from WBOC on the eastern shore, who I like and is usually right... has us for much lesser amounts of snow on Friday, like less than 8".

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
And it starts - 2hr Delay so far

HOLD YOUR HORSES. I think SMCPS twitter and FB were hacked. The website has not been updated and the Supt. has tweeted that no decision has been made and they will re assess in the morning.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
If its a named storm then insurance companies who have a separate deductible amount for named storms use those. Just an fyi. Companies that have named storm deductibles range from 2%-10% of what your home is insured for.

Not mine, thank God (knocking on wood).