Smow

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Already had TP, but I did hit up Aldi to make a big pot of stew for the weekend. Wasn't crazy, yet.

Today is my normal grocery shopping day. Won't get there until 3pm. If it is already crazy, I will fore-go it and wait until Monday. I have enough food to get through the weekend.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Today is my normal grocery shopping day. Won't get there until 3pm. If it is already crazy, I will fore-go it and wait until Monday. I have enough food to get through the weekend.

I don't have a "normal" shopping day due to not shopping for a family. I stop when I feel like it, but I was already going to make this. Since I was out, I decided to stop early and get it over with. For our last rodeo, I did a drive through of the parking lot and left. The was NO parking. I didn't die. :lol:

luvmygdaughters

Had to stop on the way home last night to get apples and sweet potatoes for a recipe, forgetting about the snow forecasted. Parking lot was packed, hardly any carts and lines at the checkout 2 miles long :doh: Luckily, express line was pretty quick since I wasnt buying 25 loaves of bread, 10 gallons of milk, 35-12 packs of toilet paper, etc.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Had to stop on the way home last night to get apples and sweet potatoes for a recipe, forgetting about the snow forecasted. Parking lot was packed, hardly any carts and lines at the checkout 2 miles long :doh: Luckily, express line was pretty quick since I wasnt buying 25 loaves of bread, 10 gallons of milk, 35-12 packs of toilet paper, etc.

I don't get it. The forecast is for inches, not feet of snow. Doubtful stores will be closed even one day.
Just how long do people think they are going to be hunkered down?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't get it. The forecast is for inches, not feet of snow. Doubtful stores will be closed even one day.

Long enough for milquetoast and TP sammiches.

luvmygdaughters

Agree, the most you might be stuck in the house is a day or two. I can see picking up a few goodies or if you have babies, extra formula and diapers, but really...do you need 4 gallons of milk and 5 loaves of bread???? Do you think it will be weeks before you get out of the house and back to the store? I've got to go tomorrow to grab the fixings for jambalaya , hoping all the hoarders have their shopping done by then.

BOP

Plus, they start getting whack-o if they have to spend more than 24 hours indoors. "Cabin feeever! Cabin feeever!" Yeah, get back to me when they have to spend a week inside, and even then, have to shovel a tunnel through the snow piled against the door. Good times.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The stocking up actually started yesterday. The Dunkirk Giant was low on both bread and toilet paper, as well as fake eggs among other things, at midday.

glhs837

Power with Control
Use “hunker down” in a regular normal conversation not referring to weather.

Stopped to get dog food and steak-ums and cereal (pretty sure my 3/4 gallon of milk and a new loaf of bread will make it) Oddly enough, wanted to get some distilled water for the wifes
Opal icemaker and Wally had not one gallon. That seems odd.

Bob and Jim hunkered down in the duck bind, determined not leave until they bagged some waterfowl......

Blister

Stopped to get dog food and steak-ums and cereal (pretty sure my 3/4 gallon of milk and a new loaf of bread will make it) Oddly enough, wanted to get some distilled water for the wifes
Opal icemaker and Wally had not one gallon. That seems odd.

Bob and Jim hunkered down in the duck bind, determined not leave until they bagged some waterfowl......

Do you actually eat "steak-ums" or is that the dog food? If you are feeding them to the dog I am calling the Humane Society.