SO, American makers, where are cars like this?

glhs837

Power with Control
That would suck. I find an automatic's lack of engine braking scary.

Whyso? Have you ever suffered a complete braking system failure such that only engine braking was available? I know I never have, but autos can be downshifted, you know, in most cases enough so that you can plan a soft landing:) I know first gear in my five speed auto is pretty slow, enough so that the e-brake could bring me to a stop.

Chris0nllyn

I love my V....I just wish it was an 09+

The 556 horsepower CTS-V Sedan. It’s the world’s fastest production sedan with 0–60 in a blistering 3.9 seconds. Complementing the epic power is a high-performance chassis fitted with the dual-mode Magnetic Ride Control suspension—tuned and perfected on Germany’s notorious Nürburgring racetrack—that reacts to changing demands in less time than the blink of an eye in both Touring and Track modes. Bringing it all to a halt is the massive stopping power of 6-piston front, 4-piston rear Brembo® brakes. Of course, true performance design doesn't end under the hood. Available RECARO® performance seating with pneumatic bolster controls provides a firm plant during performance maneuvers. Red LED tracers encircle the tachometer and flash at the approach of redline, while a g-meter communicates lateral acceleration left and right. And Obsidian Black faceplates and available Midnight Sapele wood trim add a high-tech sophistication that you would expect only from a Cadillac.

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/2010-cadillac-cts-v-dash.jpg

http://rawautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/112_0803_01z2009_cadillac_cts_vfront_static.jpg

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Whyso? Have you ever suffered a complete braking system failure such that only engine braking was available? I know I never have, but autos can be downshifted, you know, in most cases enough so that you can plan a soft landing:) I know first gear in my five speed auto is pretty slow, enough so that the e-brake could bring me to a stop.

When driving in traffic I'm used to the car slowing as soon as I lift off the gas.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, the unexpected scares you? You could just expect a car to act according to it's design, then you wouldn't be scared:) Or, if it's an autostick, you could downshift and feel better:killingme

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
So, the unexpected scares you? You could just expect a car to act according to it's design, then you wouldn't be scared:) Or, if it's an autostick, you could downshift and feel better:killingme

I prefer the car to slow when I lift off the gas. I seldom (never) drive an automatic. On the rare occasion when I do, I'm forced to readjust.
I don't want to :bawl:

glhs837

Power with Control
Anyone else seen the Subaru BRZ?

:drool:

I prefer the car to slow when I lift off the gas. I seldom (never) drive an automatic. On the rare occasion when I do, I'm forced to readjust.
I don't want to :bawl:

Dustin, yep, add about 40-80 hp and you have a super fun car. Still very attractive, along with it's FR-S twin. But for my taste, the addition of ludicrous power makes a fun car even more fun.

Sorry that adaptation bothers you. :killingme One thing I am doing is making sure the daughter doesnt get completely adapted to her little five speed Geo. Make sure she drives the 99 Blazer occasionally, and the SRT-8 once in a while too. I view being able to hop in anything with wheels and be able to gogogo as one thing anyone should be able to do. From 14 foot long barges to high CG sport utes and small cars too.