So I Guess I'll Be Needing A Good Lawyer...

Animal

I eat red meat
From the Maryland,gov Website:

How do I get a lawyer?
If you wish to hire a lawyer but do not know one, or if you wish to defend yourself but want to consult with a lawyer, the Lawyer Referral Service of the local Bar Association can help.
She'll probably end up at ABC. :lmao:

I guess I'll be needing a good lawyer now...

I've never had any problems with the law or been in any kind of trouble. Heck, I have a good not so great but decent job, a clean background and even a securlty clearance.

Today, I find out I being accused of theft. That's right, theft. Theft of apparently a very large sum of money from a residence. Best of all, framed by my own close relative.

So, now I've been questioned by the police that claim my stories are conflicting and they have DNA evidence that to prove that I'm guilty. Now, I'm being asked to take a polygraph test to prove my innocence.

For someone that's never been in trouble with the law, quite frankly I'm pretty darn scared. I can't afford a lawyer right now and I'm in desperate need of legal advice.

Can anyone here offer any advice or a place to turn to for help?

Feel free to PM me.

tell 'em to "put up or shut up" . And, do NOT further entertain their notions without a lawyer present. If you can't afford one, wait till they arrest you, then tell the judge you cannot afford an attorney, but again, DO NOT tell the poleez anything, period!

anniemay

I guess I'll be needing a good lawyer now...

I've never had any problems with the law or been in any kind of trouble. Heck, I have a good not so great but decent job, a clean background and even a securlty clearance.

Today, I find out I being accused of theft. That's right, theft. Theft of apparently a very large sum of money from a residence. Best of all, framed by my own close relative.

So, now I've been questioned by the police that claim my stories are conflicting and they have DNA evidence that to prove that I'm guilty. Now, I'm being asked to take a polygraph test to prove my innocence.

For someone that's never been in trouble with the law, quite frankly I'm pretty darn scared. I can't afford a lawyer right now and I'm in desperate need of legal advice.

Can anyone here offer any advice or a place to turn to for help?

Feel free to PM me.

How do they know what your DNA is? DNA isn't automatically kept on file from what I understand unless you have a prior record (which you said you don't) or you offer up a test to get your DNA....

mykee069

really - seems odd that they have dna evidence just for theft, if you have no record, they would have to ask you for a swab. at least on csi miami they do. not sure if csi southern maryland does it

thats assuming they can even spell CSI lol

Mojo

I've actually switched jobs since I was a manager...I actually entered into the nursing field but I'm sure they could vouch for me. If I had $10,000 cash right now, I certainly would'nt be sitting home right now with a flat tire on my 16 year old car and heating my home with a kerosene heater becuase my furnace is broken and cannot be replaced.
Oh, I forgot the roof over my head where all of the drywall has collapsed and left a hole in the ceiling Santa can climb through due to the rain.

Guess what else...The "accusing" is the one the owns this craphole that won't put any money into it because she wants me to get out and believe me, I wold have left a long time ago if I only could have afforded it.

:hot: I have been looking for a Sugar Momma.

No, don't pay rent. If I could afford to move, I sure as hell would have long time ago. Not much you can do on $30,000 a year income round here.

I do have a big inheritence coming very soon though...This will actually be my home building money. Hope to get the hell out of here soon!

I hope it's more than 10,000.

I haven't read this thread, so I may be repeating other people's advice, but my general advice would be this:

(1) Stop posting in this thread or saying saying anything that has anything to do with this situation. Don't even post what the police might have told you. Nothing you post is in any way going to help you, and you never know how some seemingly benign comment might be used against you at a later date. There is just no advantage, for you, in discussing the issue in a public setting.

(2) Get legal counsel asap. If you can't afford a lawyer, get one appointed by the court.

(3) Do not under any circumstances speak to the police or a DA for any reason, unless your lawyer advises you to do so. Period. If they already believe you have done something criminal, you aren't going to help yourself by speaking to them. If they try to contact you, tell them you are not speaking to them anymore accept through or in the presence of your lawyer. If they ask you what your favorite color is - do not answer.

That is general advice, and not specific to your situation. That is why you need legal counsel - to get advice appropriate to your specific situation.

vince77

You're guilty, you know it...go ahead and confess.......your statements here are very revealing..........your guilty....

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
No, don't pay rent. If I could afford to move, I sure as hell would have long time ago. Not much you can do on $30,000 a year income round here.

I do have a big inheritence coming very soon though...This will actually be my home building money. Hope to get the hell out of here soon!

There are some places around that are income based housing and not all of it is bad either. You don't have to stay where you are if it is as bad as you have said - unless your money is tied up elsewhere.

S

stardog770

You'll be happy to hear that I do not live in a trailer anymore. Also just because one does or did live in a trailer does not make them trash. It makes them someone who lives or lived within their means. :yay:

From someone that does live in a trailer to someone that did live in a trailer ....Thank you ...said very well!

sommpd

Change your mind. No one has ever been found not guilty by a lie detector, but they have helped find many people guilty.

You have no idea what you are talking about. People take lie detectors every day and because they do it and pass, they are not charged with a crime.

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
You have no idea what you are talking about. People take lie detectors every day and because they do it and pass, they are not charged with a crime.

Hasn't it been proven that some people can successfully be lying and pass that test? So you're saying you let all of them go?

:whistle:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Hey dumbass, I said "found not guilty". Find me a case where they were found not guilty by polygraph and I'll apologize.

sommpd

Hey dumbass, I said "found not guilty". Find me a case where they were found not guilty by polygraph and I'll apologize.

Like I care if you apologize or not? If the polygraph is the result of them not being charged, then someone found them not guilty you retard!

Last edited:

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim

You have to slow down and realize what's going on here. Our buddy the cop, SOMMPD, who's known to lie, shows up and reads how everyone in the thread has advised this lady not to talk to the cops or take a lie detector test. So what's he do? He tells the big lie of how the cops will let her off if she's telling the truth. What he isn't saying is maybe it isn't about the test, but about the questions they'll get to ask during the test, and her answers to those that just might put her in jail anyway. The cops have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

USATODAY.com - Lie detectors are likely lying themselves

Except that also on the anti-polygraph side I found the American Medical Association, the American Psychological Association, and 60 Minutes. They all found essentially the same thing: Lie detectors show what the examiners want them to show.

In 1986, 60 Minutes demonstrated this rather dramatically. Using Popular Photography magazine as a front, the producers hired several polygraphers to help find someone who had, they were told, stolen hundreds of dollars of photographic equipment. (No such theft had taken place.) Each examiner was told that a different one of the 'suspects' was probably the guilty party.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It's funny how you choose to mention my language, but you speak nothing of the insult he called me. Um...little biased there huh? Don't be so obvious.
You're the one who purposely misinterpreted what I wrote, that's why you're the dumbass.

sommpd

You have to slow down and realize what's going on here. Our buddy the cop, SOMMPD, who's known to lie, shows up and reads how everyone in the thread has advised this lady not to talk to the cops or take a lie detector test. So what's he do? He tells the big lie of how the cops will let her off if she's telling the truth. What he isn't saying is maybe it isn't about the test, but about the questions they'll get to ask during the test, and her answers to those that just might put her in jail anyway. The cops have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

USATODAY.com - Lie detectors are likely lying themselves

Yea, um because I am really so afraid of what you think.