So let's go through this

stgislander

PREMO Member
But wasn't she a student at Holton-Arms? Isn't that the female equivalent of Georgetown Prep? Unless she was a scholarship kid, she wasn't a public school kid from the other side of the tracks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If what she says is true, she had a boy try to get in her pants. Join the club, sis.

If women constantly filled police reports for every guy that got a little handsy at a party before / during / after drinking - the police would have little else to do

boy: cops a feel - trying to move to 1st base
Girl: swaps hand away - don't touch me
boy moves on .... if he is persistent gets his face smacked

SamSpade

This is something else I wanted to touch on.

This girl was clearly from the wrong side of the tracks with little to no parental supervision.

Wrong side of the tracks my ass. She graduated from Holton-Arms in DC.
Today the tuition is 42k for grades 3-6.

More for the upper grades.

Her parents owned a home in West Potomac in River Falls area.
Kinda rich.

*Maybe* you can be rich and "from the wrong side of the tracks" but the story sounds lame.

This_person

This is something else I wanted to touch on.

This girl was clearly from the wrong side of the tracks with little to no parental supervision. One of her supposed classmates trying to defend her said as much - something along the lines of how the "nice girls" who knew Kavanaugh in school and are speaking out on his behalf wouldn't have been treated like that, so they would have never seen that type of behavior out of him, but that those boys treated girls from less affluent schools much differently.

That may be true, or it may be more "look at me!" bull#### - I have no way of knowing.

But what I do know is that not too many 15 year old girls back then were out getting drunk at parties with older boys. That is unusual enough that she needs to back up her claims with details - who invited her to this party, how did she get there, etc. Otherwise it should be treated like the lie it is.

I don't want to believe she's completely, out of whole cloth, lying. I think she was a drunk 15 year old girl at a party, and something happened. She had no reason to believe Judge K was going to be nominated to SCOTUS 6 years after she went to see a therapist about it, so I fully believe something happened to her.

Wrong side of the tracks or not, it still could have happened.

Snuck out of the house, bad parents, or just a stupid decision on a 15 year old girl's part to get a ride from someone (really, anyone) to a party, thinking she was not going to get felt up - or, WANTED to get felt up and then was scared when it happened - I really don't care. She obviously really doesn't care, or she would be screaming at the top of her lungs to be heard earlier than Monday. I've been around skanky poor girls, skanky rich girls, really nice poor girls, and really nice rich girls. I'm pretty sure I tried to feel some of them up when I was 17 - some agreed, some did not. I am equally positive that I sexually assaulted NONE of them, but there is a chance now 40 years later they have a different memory of it.

I'm a decent dad who has not committed any serious crimes, married for the second time - this time to a really great woman who may or may not have been felt up when she was 15 - I don't know - and may or may not have accepted it - I don't know. I'm quite certain that if every single detail this doctor has put out there is true, and her only corroborating witness agreed as opposed to denied her allegations, there isn't even a tiny little bit of it that matters to the confirmation process of this judge.

Just my opinion.

This_person

In high school that means you have a pulse and clean hair.

Not true. In high school, that's the definition of "doable" (clean hair is a subjective point on this).

I've never met you, so I can't comment on whether or not you're hawt - not going there even if I had met you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wrong side of the tracks my ass. She graduated from Holton-Arms in DC.
Today the tuition is 42k for grades 3-6.

More for the upper grades.

Her parents owned a home in West Potomac in River Falls area.
Kinda rich.

*Maybe* you can be rich and "from the wrong side of the tracks" but the story sounds lame.

I'm just telling you what her supposed classmate said. I don't know anything about it, except what sounds plausible and what sounds like BS. The fact remains that if her story is true, she had a serious lack of parental supervision at a young age.

Hijinx

there are girls you take home to mom, adn girls you take to the drive-in

I would bet that every one of those girls you didn't take home to Mom back 35 years ago are now married and someone took them home to mom.