So this is pretty cool if it's true

NOTSMC

Got this email from SMECO:

Congratulations! You’re a winner! You successfully met your Tier 2 Energy Savings Target this winter!​

Way to go! You’re an energy savings rockstar! You are among only 38% of members who achieved a Tier 2 target, earning you the opportunity to claim your $150 reward.

To unlock your My Energy Target challenge check, tell us about your energy-saving experience in this quick survey. After completing the survey, your $150 check should arrive by mail in six to eight weeks. To ensure access to the survey, we recommend enabling all cookies on your web browser.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I did, too, and really did not try anything new with our use of electricity.

NOTSMC

I did, too, and really did not try anything new with our use of electricity.
Good for you! I ended up turning the heat on to take the chill off in the morning, turning it off as soon as the chill was gone, keeping it off until the next morning and wearing more clothes in the house than normal. Unplugging computers, televisons, and a variety of other things they recommended was a bridge too far in my household.

Do you think we'll really get a check?

NOTSMC

Finally got those busted windows to close, eh?
uhhh no. :blushing: For a good portion of the winter, there was a breeze in the bedroom and bathroom that was strong enough to move the curtains. The temperature in the house was 40 some degrees at times.

The washer and dryer are still broken too.

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

StmarysCity79

Got this email from SMECO:

Congratulations! You’re a winner! You successfully met your Tier 2 Energy Savings Target this winter!​

Way to go! You’re an energy savings rockstar! You are among only 38% of members who achieved a Tier 2 target, earning you the opportunity to claim your $150 reward.

To unlock your My Energy Target challenge check, tell us about your energy-saving experience in this quick survey. After completing the survey, your $150 check should arrive by mail in six to eight weeks. To ensure access to the survey, we recommend enabling all cookies on your web browser.

It's real. I usally get at least $300 a year from the program.

Clem72

What is this malarkey. Are we subsidizing the poors through SMECO now? Even if I kept my house at 55 degrees all winter I wouldn't make their ridiculous targets, the only people with a chance have small homes and heat with wood/gas.

The people who pay the least in getting the most out, makes no sense. They should give me a rebate for paying for commercial quantities of electricity at residential rates.

NOTSMC

What is this malarkey. Are we subsidizing the poors through SMECO now? Even if I kept my house at 55 degrees all winter I wouldn't make their ridiculous targets, the only people with a chance have small homes and heat with wood/gas.

The people who pay the least in getting the most out, makes no sense. They should give me a rebate for paying for commercial quantities of electricity at residential rates.
If they gave you a rebate for the silly ass things you consistently gripe about; you'd be a millionaire.

Clem72

If they gave you a rebate for the silly ass things you consistently gripe about; you'd be a millionaire.
Hey MC Snot, who says I ain't? I realize you don't like people criticizing your handouts, but if you ever had a job that made enough money to have to pay taxes you might understand the frustration with every institution trying to turn you upside down and shake the coins out of your pockets to give to someone else.

Last edited:

NOTSMC

Hey MC Snot, who says I ain't? I realize you don't like people criticizing your handouts, but if you ever had a job that made enough money to have to pay taxes you might understand the frustration with every institution trying to turn you upside down and shake the coins out of your pockets to give to someone else.
I've worked my entire adult life sweetie and that included twenty years of active duty military service, so yeah I pay taxes. I took advantage of a program that SMECO offered me. Apparently they offered it to other people in this thread as well; was that a handout as you put it and are you also calling them "poor"?

Maybe you're just an ass.