So....TP?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I went for coffee and a mop. Mainly to GTH out of this place. I never expected to see any so I wasn't even really looking. I can social distance without this freaking mask. I ripped it off at the register (FD), I couldn't breath right and was beginning to gasp. I asked the girl if she cared, she said no she hated it on all day and had hers down below her nose. They have plexiglass up so I think we didn't spread corona to each other. Don't mean to whine but I'm in a bitchy way today.
They drive me nuts!

Auntie Biache'

I found a few packs of tp on the shelves a few days ago. All paper products are now limited to to 1 per family, so I bought one pack of toilet paper. I think there were 3 or 4 packs of 8 rolls. I also bought one box of store brand tissues. I had bought 10 of them a few weeks ago, before they put a limit on them. I've read manufacturers are trying to get paper products back on the shelves, working over-time-round-the-clock sort of stuff, but I'm sure not seeing it on the shelves.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I managed to find some at BJs last week.

They also had a limit. One pallet per customer.

Seriously, it was 36 rolls in one package so it looked like it belonged on a pallet.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Just came from BJ's. NO TP, paper towels or napkins to be had. Meat section mostly bare except pork. Lots of pork.
Most people n there were dilly dallying around like they were just wasting time. Talking on their cell phones. Me, I was like get the "f" out of my way! My patience is running thin with having to chase groceries on my day off and not finding some of what I need.

Had to run to Lowes mid-afternoon on Friday to pick up a part for a broken lawnmower. The ENTIRE parking lot was full. One had to wait for one to move from a spot in order to park. They were all shopping inside... no limits were being set/tracked as to how many were shopping at once. They did try to space out the people in line 6 feet apart, but that accomplished zero as it meant plenty of room for folks to constantly walk among those 6 ft gaps. The governor needs to stop with the ridiculous limitations that are not accomplishing what he assumes to accomplish.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Had to run to Lowes mid-afternoon on Friday to pick up a part for a broken lawnmower. The ENTIRE parking lot was full. One had to wait for one to move from a spot in order to park. They were all shopping inside... no limits were being set/tracked as to how many were shopping at once. They did try to space out the people in line 6 feet apart, but that accomplished zero as it meant plenty of room for folks to constantly walk among those 6 ft gaps. The governor needs to stop with the ridiculous limitations that are not accomplishing what he assumes to accomplish.
Ace Hardware in Lusby had a long line outside on Saturday.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I got there around the same time. I needed a few odds and ends to finish up a wiring job. It was definitely a mad house. Next time I'll try Sneade's before I ever go to Lowe's again. It must've been everyone's compressed Friday, because nobody was working from home.:burning:

Christy

b*tch rocket
I was at Lowes on Saturday and they had a guy at the door limiting who goes in and a gal at the exit counting who goes out. It was crazy busy. I have never seen it so busy, but then again, I don't typically do Lowes on a Saturday.

As far as the TP and food hoarding, I still have TP and paper towels from before this all started and I'm not going to be one of the d-bags that just grabs it because it is there (which it is mostly not). It annoys me that people are hoarding beef and chicken. I am not overly concerned with starving because I can always go fishing or call up folks who hunt. I do worry about running out of dog treats. Thank the lord people aren't hoarding the kind my dogs like. If that were to happen it would be ugly.

In closing, I'm a big believer in karma. What comes around goes around. The folks who are hoarding will eventually get their come uppance. One way or another, it all shakes out the way it should.

catlingirl

Nicks in PF had a few rolls of toilet paper plus some singles. I even saw toilet papar singles at the shell station next to the Midas on route 4 in PF

Over the weekend, caught a television commercial for some product you could purchase and "as a bonus!" they would through in a free full size bottle of hand sanitizer! That led me to wondering how long it would be before we see the signs at gas stations, "Free roll of toilet paper with each tank fill-up!"

stgislander

PREMO Member
The wife wanted to go to Lowes on Sunday. I said there was no way in hell I was going there on a weekend. Went to Dyson's yesterday after giving blood. Found everything I needed and was in and out zim zam zoom. I'm willing to pay extra to shop local and not deal with the hoards.

Clem72

How is it possible that there's a much greater need for toilet paper than there was just two months ago?

Probably because most people poop during the daytime, not when sleeping. And many of those people pooped at work. And businesses by and large use industrial crap-ass toilet paper that isn't sold in normal stores.

So until the manufacturers that make the plush home use TP can catch up, or the commercial TP people switch over to home use style (and make supply agreements with stores) there's going to be a shortage (of probably 15-25%). Combined with the hoarding in the beginning makes people snap up every roll that hits the shelves.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have not seen any TP at Lowe's in about 2 months.
We get paper towels in, on occasion, but they are usually gone by the time I get in (usually work 4 PM - 8 PM).

The no alcohol hand sanitizer we are selling, CDC rates it as "better than nothing."

ginwoman

I still can't believe that after more than six weeks - toilet paper is still a very rare commodity. Normally I wouldn't care, but I don't have just my own family to supply but also my elderly in-laws, who can't leave their residence.

I try to get some anywhere I go - but it seems incredible that it is SO HARD TO FIND ANYWHERE. How is it possible that there's a much greater need for toilet paper than there was just two months ago?

I was really tempted to steal the giant roll from the store bathroom the other day - although I know there's no way I could get out of the store unnoticed.

Heck, I'd buy online if anyone had any. We have plenty, but when is it going to be back? Is there some house somewhere where someone has floor to ceiling TP?
It is so ridiculous. I keep thinking the demand for TP will slow down since some people surely have a couple of years worth by now.

Now that we are a couple months in... I'm thinking the group searching for TP now is the group that stocked up in the beginning and are looking to replenish supplies. The cycle will keep repeating itself.