So what are the good SoMD restaurants now?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A new one opening mid February...

WingsOfGold

Does Vera's still exist? Been decades but it wasn't bad and she was rather.... "unique" while catering to the kiss ass wanna be fleets coming through.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'll drive an hour for CD's café but local is Neptunes Pub in North Beach.
I'm starting a new business venture that will have me right up the street from CD's café and I'm checking out the local lunch options. My Program Manager took me there for a business lunch once upon a time and I was impressed, to say the least. I had something manageable so as not to create a faux pas. I'd like to find an authentic gyro and was wondering if anyone has tried theirs.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
they;ve been open for a while, no one seems to go there, it always seems dead empty. Maybe with a new set of owners it might do something other than suck up space.
I have never even heard of it until I ran across the FB post.

glhs837

Power with Control
Roger Chiefs. We'll have to try the Atomic, never had anything less than awesome food at IH. CDs gyros are great, but I dont know about authentic......

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Chief's in Tall Timbers and Quade's Store in the 7th District are always good.
Does Chief's have a new chef/cook by chance? I ate there about a month ago and was disappointed by their food. The crab dip appetizer was imitation or just very, very bad crab. My fried shrimp were overcooked and rubbery. Her broiled scallops were undercooked. Just a very disappointing meal for the cost. If she chooses Chief's again, I'll get a burger as rare as they'll serve it. Unless they use papain, it's pretty hard to ruin that. :boo::boo:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Does Chief's have a new chef/cook by chance? I ate there about a month ago and was disappointed by their food. The crab dip appetizer was imitation or just very, very bad crab. My fried shrimp were overcooked and rubbery. Her broiled scallops were undercooked. Just a very disappointing meal for the cost. If she chooses Chief's again, I'll get a burger as rare as they'll serve it. Unless they use papain, it's pretty hard to ruin that. :boo::boo:
I know they've had some employee turnover....

stgislander

PREMO Member
Just a very disappointing meal for the cost.
My thoughts as well but I wouldn't necessarily say disappointing. Every time we've had carryout from there (never have eaten inside), the quality vs. cost ratio seemed a little out of skew.