Solomons Bridge Question for Commuters

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
David said:
All right you guys, what's the deal? Set me up for a ha ha did we? I went across at 4 p.m. and there was nary a car on the road. I sailed over at full speed and arrived 45 minutes early.

Where sorry, every days the same, you can count on it!!! :yay: :yay: :whistle:

MMDad

Lem Putt
MMDad said:
According to SHA, they will be starting back up with the joint repairs, so we'll have the steel plates. There will be overnight lane closures.
Starting up again Sunday night.
This work should be complete by late November, weather permitting, according to SHA....

During the day, temporary steel plates with cold patch asphalt ramps will cover the roadway joints under construction......

During the work last November a steel plate loosened and caused a six-vehicle collision. The pileup occurred when a motorist stopped to avoid hitting the edge of a plate that rose about six inches above the bridge’s pavement.
Oh boy. Can't wait for this fun.

beamher

MMDad said:
Starting up again Sunday night. Oh boy. Can't wait for this fun.

yep, saw the sign up; didn't see any times though :shrug: hopefully, they'll clear up way before the thick of things

Dukesdad

beamher said:
yep, saw the sign up; didn't see any times though :shrug: hopefully, they'll clear up way before the thick of things
For information all 1-800-275-4277 :howdy:

Vince

Going to be as much fun as it was last time. Sitting in a traffic jam everynight for weeks. :banghead:

beamher

Vince said:
Going to be as much fun as it was last time. Sitting in a traffic jam everynight for weeks. :banghead:

didn't they tie up some of the early morning rush as well :shrug:

Baywatchv8

Read this thread yesterday and when I got home last night there was a News letter in the mail announcing the start of a SHA T Johnson Bridge Planning Study. They are asking for inputs from everyone.

There will be meetings for the public at Dowell Elementary School (Calvert County) and Town Creek Elementary School (St. Mary's County).

Calvert County- October 2, 07
St. Mary's County- October 9, 07
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Last edited:

Vince

beamher said:
didn't they tie up some of the early morning rush as well :shrug:
Yep. Those steel plates slowed everyone down to a crawl and some mornings they weren't out of there until rush hour already started. I would come across around 5:30am and they would still be working and only one lane open. :shrug: Hey, at least they're not closing it down and you have to drive all the way around through Benedict.

beamher

Vince said:
Yep. Those steel plates slowed everyone down to a crawl and some mornings they weren't out of there until rush hour already started. I would come across around 5:30am and they would still be working and only one lane open. :shrug: Hey, at least they're not closing it down and you have to drive all the way around through Benedict.

that's about the time i come across

dgates80

Land of the lost
Did anybody go?

Read this thread yesterday and when I got home last night there was a News letter in the mail announcing the start of a SHA T Johnson Bridge Planning Study. They are asking for inputs from everyone.

There will be meetings for the public at Dowell Elementary School (Calvert County) and Town Creek Elementary School (St. Mary's County).

Calvert County- October 2, 07
St. Mary's County- October 9, 07
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

I forgot myself.... does anybody have a report on what was presented? Were there many people there?