Some random black guy waved at me this morning

Abc123

Prolly someone who thought you were someone else...I get that all the time...
Went to VA for work last week, stopped for a bite to eat on my way back. The waiter argued with me for 15 minutes, insisting he knew me from the either the local hospital or bank. I said "Sir, I've never been to either of those establishments, I can assure you!" and he STILL swore that I was pulling his leg. My coworker was laughing his azz off.

or it was Lollar standing on the corner of 235 and 4. Not sure.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think the fact that Lollar was out there in person speaks more for him than against him. He's out there, drawing attention to his campaign.

Don't see Steny out there - - ever.

Lollar is putting in the time - not just out there waving on the street corner - he's in the community doing meet & greets & events nearly every day. He's out there ASKING for the vote.

Steny isn't. :shrug:

BTW - going to see Lollar & the other local/state candidates tonight at Huntingtown Fire Dept. at the candidates' forum in Calvert Co.

6:30!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Lollar doesn't have the kind of money Steny does. This is why it's so hard to unseat an incumbent, especially a powerful one. So Charles and Co. have to get his name out there the best they can with his limited resources.

And since the practically non-existent Maryland GOP doesn't seem to be interested in getting a Republican elected, and the national GOP is a bunch of losers who've given up on Maryland all together....

:shrug:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Lollar doesn't have the kind of money Steny does. This is why it's so hard to unseat an incumbent, especially a powerful one. So Charles and Co. have to get his name out there the best they can with his limited resources.

And since the practically non-existent Maryland GOP doesn't seem to be interested in getting a Republican elected, and the national GOP is a bunch of losers who've given up on Maryland all together....

:shrug:

The RNC has rented the office next to the Calvert GOP for this upcoming election. (I know this first hand - not 2nd or 3rd hand.) They don't do this for every election. They consider Maryland to be in play this year, because as you say they don't normally fork out the bucks for Maryland.