Crime Someone dumped 4 house doors on side of the road in Ridge

Hank

my war
Is a house being renovated near you?

Yes there is one, and now all the Neighbors are watching it, to see if this Truck appears.

More Camera's are pointed that way. No one is happy here in Ridge.

Put up a no dumping sign that says the area is monitored by cameras. :shrug:

wintersprings

Put up a no dumping sign that says the area is monitored by cameras. :shrug:

Thanks, we are looking a the Smile for the camera ones on Amazon.

This will be resolved in the next 24 to 48 hrs and the wood will be properly disposed.

The Ridge folks can be happy again.

black dog

Free America
Quit playing Deputy Dawg,, Call the Sheriff's Dept and give the the pictures you have and let them do what they are paid to do.
It probably would have been resolved already if they were called in the first place.

Goldenhawk

Quit playing Deputy Dawg,, Call the Sheriff's Dept and give the the pictures you have and let them do what they are paid to do.
Don't disparage this. As others have pointed out, illegal dumping is relatively low on the police priority list. A little unofficial investigation and cooperation goes a long way for two good things: pinpointing the culprit, and (more importantly) building community. Go to the police with a little solid information, and it's far more likely to be resolved than if you just dump the problem on the police and walk away.

One other suggestion: take that photo of the truck, get a large-ish sign printed and post it along the road. Something will turn up. And the troublemaker will also be greatly discouraged from doing it again.

dumpingtruck.jpg

wintersprings

It probably would have been resolved already if they were called in the first place.

Thanks, we did that, but had to get the folks who actualy own the property to call it in. They are close to wrapping this up.

steppinthrax

I don't understand why this has become 3-4 pages long. You have the perfect evidence, perfect case. I would report this #### to the police immediately, with video etc. They will jump on it, maybe not as hard as something violent. At the same time I would leave the materials there, I would sue them for the cost of removing the material.

I would #### them hard with this.

steppinthrax

On the other hand they should have came to my place and dumped them in my burn pile. I just this weekend burned two doors I replaced. A hollow core door slab (burned fast) and a 20 min solid particleboard fire-door that took around an hour to burn through.

wintersprings

We had to find the owners of the property that it was dumped on. They have to report it.

The rest is up to the St Mary's finest.

nobody really

I need a nap
littlelady;5770465[B said:
]Is a house being renovated near you?[/B] Sounds like a cheap arse flipper. When we lived in St. Leonard (moved 7 months ago), I stopped countless times on the way to the dump on Ball Rd. to pick up a random trash bag tossed on the side of the road; especially near the dump when people got there after hours, and were sadly inconvenienced. Boo hoo, jerks. Anyway, it was always an 'eeewww' to pick up the trash, but whatever. Also, I am thinking that whoever is doing this doesn't want to pay the fee for the landfill. We live in Montgomery County, now; sad, but true. :frown: The upside is county takes everything on recycle day; even yard waste. (My dot's hub is in landscaping and has to pay a fee at the landfill). We don't pay very much for garbage pickup. No more trips to the dump! :yahoo: What is wrong with people that they think they can just throw their trash/doors/etc. on the side of the road? Oh, well. Others will pick up the trash thrown out by trash. I hope your problem gets resolved.

that's what I was thinking.....

Clem72

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for the dump, I can tell you it is one mile away. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you come pick up your doors now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will shame you on the internet.

party301

i'll think of one.....
View attachment 118562 So an update from Ridge.

There is now a second pile of trash, (that was not there this AM when I walked the road at 8am) just like this one, (more doors, more house parts) just up the street about a 1/4 mile. It was dumped today sometime in the afternoon.

I have no pictures of the truck, so he must not have come by my house this time. The area he dumped it in is more remote, has no houses, so safer spot to dump.

Call the police and give them the information that you have. with a picture of the truck and a partial plate it really shouldn't be that hard to track them down.

Inkd

Put the pictures of the truck up in Buzzy's and The Bay Mart with a description of what was done and a few digits off the license plate.